TY 40x Media? Is this real? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

chasedub -> TY 40x Media? Is this real? (7/7/2002 11:16:16 PM)

See http://www.cddimensions.com/cd-r_media/tai-cdr80zzsb40.asp

I haven't seen 40x media from TY or Mitsui anywhere else, not even mentioned on their websites... yet this store appears to be offering TY Silver 80m/700MB 40x-certified media for 30 cents per disc! Is there any reason to be suspicious? And is there any reason why I shouldn't buy this for my new 40x Lite-on?

jb0395 -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (7/8/2002 6:27:11 AM)

Memorex 40x is made by TY and has been available at my local office max for quite some time now . They are possibly the best quality cds you can buy. Although one reason you might not want them is if you overclock your liteon to 48x them discs will only burn at 40x because liteon 48x firmware has so far limited TY to 40x but that may be corrected in the future .

john -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (7/8/2002 8:13:08 AM)

Yes there is TY 40x media, we had some here for sometime now...I would suggest however either Mitsui or Verbatim 40x media.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

jb0395 -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (7/8/2002 12:34:57 PM)

dont mitsui have problems at the end of the disc when you get near 80 minutes ? I wouldnt buy them because of that and they're also more expensive and harder to find , I would buy TY over Verbatim anyday also .

john -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (7/8/2002 1:53:02 PM)

Not really... Its harder for all media to keep up correctly at the end of each task since most drives reaches maximum speed at the end of the disc.

jb0395 -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (7/8/2002 8:35:20 PM)

well i remember in the drive review tests mitsui had high c1 errors because of the end of the disc while other brands didn't .

john -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (7/9/2002 9:26:57 AM)

With Mitsui 74min CDs that was noticed

Scott1 -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/13/2002 3:17:54 AM)

First, I just ordered and received my TY disks from CDdimensions (as mentioned above). After placing my order, I clicked on a link for additional terms, and noticed that it says ALL orders will be charged an addtional handling fee of $5.00. I think this is a bit deceptive, since even after entering your credit information, your grand total does not seem to reflect this.

Second, I am curious, I received my disks, and neither the packing, nor the disks have any sort of markings at all signifying who makes them. If you look closely at the central ring, on the top, they say "DE269E0150880", and on the undersurface, in very small letters "80 PG10038" (or at least that is what I think it says). How do I know whether these are actually Taiyo Yuden 48X disks as ordered, or some cheaper generic imitation?

Graffitti -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/13/2002 3:33:24 AM)

They're TYs

PG####'re good for up to 40x, and on the yamaha crw-f1 they're good for to 44x.

another good indication that they're TYs is that the inner ring is hazed.

the 80 PC####'re TYs too, but they're only rated for 24x offically, but they're rated for up to 32x by the yamaha crw-f1

Scott1 -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/13/2002 3:43:25 AM)

CDdimension stated they were rated up to 48X by TY. Are these the same quality as the sample disk that comes with the new plextor drive, or a cheaper cousin? You would think they would at least put their name and the speed rating on the spindle/outer packing. What is to stop a company from substituting generic no-name cdr's.

Graffitti -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/13/2002 5:29:59 AM)

well.. every single blank has an ATPI info where you can check the manufacturer of the disc with your burner.

Scott1 -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/13/2002 6:14:11 AM)

How do I check that using roxio software, (or windows xp). Does it tell specifics like manufacturer and media type. (I have used disk info on roxio, but it does not seem to tell me much.

Graffitti -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/13/2002 6:20:47 AM)

there is a program called CDRIdentifier that you can use.

http://www.gum.de/cdrid/

Scott1 -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/14/2002 7:23:46 AM)

I downloaded this program and ran it, but I cannot get it to reprot any cd information. It does not seem to recognize my cdr either blank or with data on it. Is there something I could be doing wrong. (running program after putting blank or data cd in plextor drive) (I unzipped and ran exe file from a temp directory if that has any effect, but the buttons seem non-functional and all information stays blank.)

Any thoughts?

Graffitti -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/14/2002 7:34:01 AM)

put the blank in, run the program, then click the button that's to the left of "Device used to read the ATIP from:"

oh yeah.. make sure you have your burner selected at the top too.

Scott1 -> RE: TY 40x Media? Is this real? (9/14/2002 12:39:28 PM)

I think they may have something to do with the problem, there is nothing listed up top. The top buttun seems to be greyed out (maybe because I do not have a scci drive, and the bottom button seems to click, but does not seem to do anything.

I am using windows xp, (with sp1 installed), and the new plextor 48/24/48.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.586914E-02