DVD -> DVD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video

cinders -> DVD -> DVD (6/10/2002 5:58:28 AM)

Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise me?

How compatable is DVD-R with home DVD players?

Can anyone recommend a good brand of DVD-R?

If I burn an 4Gb MPEG2 onto DVD in the correct format to play on my home player - is there any software I can directly copy this DVD with?... ie. can you to DVD->DVD copies? (on non-protected dvd's)

Cheers,
Cinders.

john -> RE: DVD -> DVD (6/10/2002 10:05:43 AM)

DVD-R supposed to have the higher compatibility among DVD writing/re-writing formats. Any branded DVD-R media from known manufacturer is a good buy.You can copy DVD movies if they total size is under 4.7GB else you would have to compress movie. Read our Pioneer DVR-A03 review!!

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

cinders -> RE: DVD -> DVD (6/10/2002 10:59:55 AM)

Hi John.

I have just ordered the Pionner A04! It will be with me tomorrow, have found some decent blank dvd-r's as well, so not bad!

Can you or anyone recommend some decent copying software? For copying DVD to DVD.

I'm ripping all my dvd's into VOB's, then converting these into 4.07Gb MPG2 files to be written onto DVD. What software is best to use to write this onto DVD into proper DVD Format (for home dvd players)

Can you give me any basic hints and tips to avoid any pitfalls?...

Cheers,
Cinders.

john -> RE: DVD -> DVD (6/10/2002 6:18:09 PM)

I would say that latest Nero seems working ok even many people still claim that PrimoDVD and GearDVD Pro are the best utilities for DVD burning.

I hope in the near future get more involed with DVD burning and find out what rocks and what doesn't!

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

cinders -> RE: DVD -> DVD (6/11/2002 4:26:21 AM)

I've got a free copy of Nero coming with the DVD-Burner, also have ordered about 10 types of DVD-R media.

I'll let you know how I get on with the different medias and burning programs - I'm hoping to test the dvd-r's on PS2 & X-Box.

I'm hoping to get more into DVD burning now I've got me burner!

I'll keep you guys posted.

Rgds:- Cinders

steve1720 -> RE: DVD -> DVD (7/1/2002 10:42:32 PM)

Hi guys:
I got my DVD-burner about two month. I got to try copy any kind of media(ps2;DVD-9;DVD-5;DVD-10;X-box). So I used all diffrent way to do that. If anyone has any problem about DVD copies just let me know.

dick -> RE: DVD -> DVD (7/7/2002 2:06:38 AM)

quote:

Hi guys:
I got my DVD-burner about two month. I got to try copy any kind of media(ps2;DVD-9;DVD-5;DVD-10;X-box). So I used all diffrent way to do that. If anyone has any problem about DVD copies just let me know.

i have problems nothing works when i try psx2 and dvd copies

steve1720 -> RE: DVD -> DVD (7/16/2002 11:29:35 PM)

To Dick:
What kind of problem do you have?
Could I know the detil? That I could help you.

Tron -> RE: DVD -> DVD (7/17/2002 1:14:45 AM)

Just wondering... If you do a PS2 copy to DVD - DVD do you still have to have a chipped PS2 or can it not tell it is a copy?

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

Clint -> RE: DVD -> DVD (7/18/2002 8:53:16 AM)

quote:

Just wondering... If you do a PS2 copy to DVD - DVD do you still have to have a chipped PS2 or can it not tell it is a copy?

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

Yeap must be chipped. The PS2 won't boot any CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, +R/RW if it has not been chipped.

It will play a CD-R audio CD though, but thats it I think!??

Yep, shure can tell its a copy. Its based on the same technology the PSX used - the 7 YEAR protection still can't be beaten. Its a killer, the boot protection on the Sony's...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI