SCSI burners external (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders

kundamrak -> SCSI burners external (4/23/2002 6:51:11 PM)

i want to buy a new external burner, have an OS win.98, can`t invest to a newer version of OS, so i can`t buy any of those with the fire wire or USB.2 interface, have to buy a SCSI, I have red already all relevant tests, but there is no new (made in 2002, or very near,) external SCSI burner, that fits alle the new important read/write MODS, i have no one found in the tests list, neither in any computer magazin, am i wrong, or is there any, which i didnt found,
SO, my question is: is there such good external SCSI burner or have i to choose to wait or to say good bay, external SCSI, and buy the best internal IDE?
thanks for any answers

AoE999 -> RE: SCSI burners external (4/24/2002 7:33:00 AM)

If you buy a SCSI External, i would go with Plextor and a 2940
series card, the new 29160 or 39160 is good but a bit expensive.

i wouldn't go with USB, i find the connection is not that reliable although i never have a problem with it;
if you have a internal spot for it, i would go with internal, there are many to choose from, Plextor, Teac, LG, Panasonic, Mitsumi, and it would save you a lot of money for a OS upgrades

Win2k provides rocks solid burning, upgrade your memory to at least 256MB

good luck

quote:

i want to buy a new external burner, have an OS win.98, can`t invest to a newer version of OS, so i can`t buy any of those with the fire wire or USB.2 interface, have to buy a SCSI, I have red already all relevant tests, but there is no new (made in 2002, or very near,) external SCSI burner, that fits alle the new important read/write MODS, i have no one found in the tests list, neither in any computer magazin, am i wrong, or is there any, which i didnt found,
SO, my question is: is there such good external SCSI burner or have i to choose to wait or to say good bay, external SCSI, and buy the best internal IDE?
thanks for any answers

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI