Writing on CDR (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

Sully -> Writing on CDR (1/4/2002 11:28:41 AM)

They all say "use oil-based felt-tip pen".
WHERE do you get such things?? Any particular brand?

Kazumi -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/4/2002 12:45:52 PM)

Currently I'm using TDK CD-R PEN. I bought a 4 color pack (black, blue, red and green) at FNAC for less than 6. I don't know if there are better brands. This works for me.

Bistro -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/5/2002 1:03:36 AM)

In the States I often see markers made specially for CD's at stores such as Best Buy or CompUSA. I'd consider looking anywhere blank media are sold.

freonchill -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/6/2002 3:40:04 AM)

screw all that

stanford sharpie !!
garanteed to work and not give you problems down the road

look there and you will know what im talking about (if you dont have a clue)

and as you can tell, they are like like $0.50 each (real expensive!!)

the 'ultra fine' ones dont work that well but the 'fine' ones work great (fine is like 1cm to 1mm over 2cm distance; if you get what im saying for tip size)

netman -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/6/2002 11:26:34 AM)

i'm with freonchill. i only use sharpies. i must say i have seen several articles saying that these pens will cause problems in the long run. i think they're supposed to eat through the outside coating or something like that but i have cds several years old that were written on by sharpies that have no problems. i use the ultra-fine ones too.

The Spatula -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/8/2002 6:17:05 PM)

Gah! Just get a Sharpie. I was at CompUSA the other day and I was about to purchase a thin no-name CD marker. Price - $4. Screw that! Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Agent -> RE: Writing on CDR (3/4/2002 11:37:51 PM)

Anymore feedback on this topic?

Kawasaki -> RE: Writing on CDR (3/5/2002 12:48:25 PM)

In UK you get the TDK 4 pack markers for about 5 in PC World. I'm sure I saw them on the internet for 1.80. I hate PC World. :-(

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI