icube001 -> Sanyo Introduces $1995 Full HD 1080p Home Theater Projector (8/26/2008 1:20:27 PM)
Sanyo introduces a new Full HD LCD projector for popular residential applications, such as home theaters and media rooms.
While the PLV-Z700 is SANYO's entry-level projector it is equipped with a Full 1080p HD 3LCD panel, an advanced lens-shifting technology, a new variable iris, and SANYO's 3D color management system. The PLV-Z700 will be shipping in October 2008 with a MSRP of only $1,995.00.
The PLV-Z700 is one of SANYO's least expensive projectors designed for residential installations, offering a Full HD panel providing 1920 x 1080 resolution from high definition sources such as Blu-ray discs, HD camcorders, a wide variety of video on-demand services plus paid TV services from cable and satellite companies, in addition to terrestrial-based HD broadcasts.
Outfitted with a versatile lens-shifting function, the PLV-Z700 can effectively adjust the equivalent of 3 screens vertically and 2 screens horizontally. Combined with the 2x zoom, which allows for an extremely long or short focus, it is possible to create a large screen projection virtually anywhere, even in small rooms such as dens or bedrooms.
The new variable iris offers rapid adjustments that control the amount of light projected on the screen every 1/60th of a second. By permitting ultra, fast-acting lens adjustment, the PLV-Z700 is capable of providing the most optimal light level at all times. Factor in a high contrast ratio of 10,000:1, along with the more advanced variable iris; this projector is capable of creating rich, and deep black color reproduction.
The PLV-Z700 also incorporates SANYO's 3D color management system that address changes in color phase and color level to obtain perfect color reproduction. This new color management system was designed to optimize the potential of Deep Color via the projectors two HDMI 1.3 inputs. Other features include an electronic shutter that protects the lens from dust when not in use and a whisper quiet fan, rated at only 21dB. Five video modes (Brilliant Cinema/Creative Cinema/Natural/Living/Dynamic) provide pre-calibration for various genres of video material.
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Native Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color range: 1.07 billion (10 bit)
- Brightness: 1,200 ANSI lumens (Dynamic Video Mode)
- Contrast Ratio: 10,000:1 (Dynamic Video Mode)
- Projection Lamp: UHP 165W
- Screen Size: Minimum 40", Maximum 300" (with projection distance of approx 4-60 feet)
- Projection Lens: Manual Zoom 1-2.0x (f=22.6-45.3mm, F2.0-F3.0)
- Video Modes: 5 (Brilliant Cinema/Creative - Cinema/Natural/Living/Dynamic)
- Noise output: 21 dBA (Cinema Black Mode)
- PC I/O: Mini D-sub 15-pin, analog RGB
- Video Input: HDMI x 2 (ver1.3b w/Deep Color), Component (Y/Cb/Cr) x 2, Composite (RCA) x 1, S-Video x 1
- Dimensions: 15.75 (W) x 5.75 (H) x 13.6 (D) inches
- Weight: 16.5 lbs
The PLV-Z700 will be shipping in October 2008 with a MSRP of $1995.00 and SANYO will be premiering it at the IFA 2008 Show in Berlin, Germany from August 29 to September 3.