How do I delete deleted files? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion

killalot57 -> How do I delete deleted files? (6/26/2008 11:04:01 PM)

You know those programs that restore deleted files? I want the opposite, I want a program that will make the files I delete un-recoverable, is that what a file shredder does? also when I use one of those programs for restoring files it says It finds stuff in like the recycler folder and such, but when I look there manually I find nothing. More specifically I was wondering if there was a program that would scan for deleted folders and delete any trace of them, not something that worked automatically, also If A file shredder is what I think it is I wouldn't prefer that because I would find it inconvienent to have to individually delete all my files with it. Thanks.

SithTracy -> RE: How do I delete deleted files? (6/27/2008 12:02:44 AM)

Eraser... don't let the site fool you into buying.. it is free software/open source... be careful with it... you can easily do something bad if you don't understand what it is you are doing with it.

killalot57 -> RE: How do I delete deleted files? (6/27/2008 4:10:50 PM)

Actually I alread downloaded "Eraser" and tried to use it, but after half an hour of scanning it didn't show any proccess so I gave up.... I probably wasen't even using it right though.

PatM -> RE: How do I delete deleted files? (6/27/2008 4:46:00 PM)

All you have to do is open Windows Explorer.
Right Click on the file you want to delete and choose "Erase"
It couldn't be simpler.

killalot57 -> RE: How do I delete deleted files? (6/28/2008 12:35:30 AM)

Yeah I got that part, but I didn't understand what it was doing when I had it scan my computer, also I can't see most of the deleted files that I want to re-delete in the explorer even when I give full access to like the recycler folder in such.

SithTracy -> RE: How do I delete deleted files? (6/28/2008 8:03:55 AM)

It's a free space scan and wipe... it clears the remnants of any past files you have erased from the empty part of the disc... and it take a long time to run... the bigger the hard drive, the more free space you have, the longer the program runs.

killalot57 -> RE: How do I delete deleted files? (6/30/2008 1:49:23 AM)

Okay I redownloaded it but this time I was more patient to let it finish and after a few hours it worked like a charm, thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI