AVG (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Useful Software

skhyatt -> AVG (12/22/2007 6:27:23 PM)

Wondering how many of you are using AVG anti-virus? I currently have Norton and it seems to work fine, but takes up the resources. How would you compare AVG to Norton?

SithTracy -> RE: AVG (12/22/2007 6:51:37 PM)

Not a Norton fan, but I have AVG Free on my wife/kids PC... works pretty good.  I use NOD32 on mine.

skhyatt -> RE: AVG (12/22/2007 6:57:41 PM)

I have AVG on my Son's computer. Never a problem that I know of. I have Norton on my wife's laptop and my computer. I guess I was thinking about switching to AVG when the subscription runs out on Norton. Wondering if AVG is a good AV program or just a good "free" AV program? 

SithTracy -> RE: AVG (12/22/2007 7:26:12 PM)

It's good and it's free, but it's not great.  The really good ones are Eset NOD32 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus... I have heard good things about BitDefender as well... but none of those are free.  Depends on how careful you are at protecting your PC... For a good firewall, I suggest Comodo Firewall Professional... It's excellent and free.

Softix -> RE: AVG (1/13/2008 12:26:31 PM)

I am using AVG anti virus and it works well for me. Although it could be better if you will have some firewall as well. I do like AVG because it doesnt lag up my pc and it can get some trojans or remove them manually.

MP3Mogul -> RE: AVG (1/13/2008 8:36:35 PM)

I Like Symantec Corp version of the AV, it doesn't hog resources, although AVG is a fav of mine as well as NOD32.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI