Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

Dimitris32 -> Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 2:28:38 PM)

Anyone know the manufacturer and how good these disks are, especially for an LG burner?

Many thanks,

Dimitris

SithTracy -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 4:00:38 PM)

No idea... Not worth the risk to me.

Dimitris32 -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 4:13:14 PM)

I've bought them already... do you think I should take them back and get a spindle of Ritek 8x DVD-R instead?  Will they be better suited to an LG drive?  (I'll be buying the SATA version [GSA-H30L) as soon as they are available in the UK).  For the time being, I just need a few disks to burn on a friend's computer. 

SithTracy -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 4:24:49 PM)

No idea... what did you spend on them?  They may already by Ridata or at least that is what I would suspect.  I had a spindle of cheap 8x Ridata media before... About 1 in 10 was bad.  So I paid for 100 discs and got 90 out of the spindle that burned, but all not that great on quality.

Oh yeah, Pioneer has a SATA drive now that I am interested in... The 212 series...

Dimitris32 -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 4:38:18 PM)

Hi SithTracy,

I paid £7 for a spindle of 50  (they have a website at www.bulkpaq.co.uk).  The Ritek spindle was £10, but stingy me wanted to get the best deal possible...  From my understanding, Ridata and Ritek are the same manufacturer, is this correct?  If they are, is Ritek a good brand for LG burners?

As per your advice, I've made up my mind to get the GSA-H30L when it is available...[;)] .. it'll be hard to change it now..  (this again, is based on my impression that the LG will produce better quality burns, even than the Pioneer, is this correct?)

SithTracy -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 5:26:20 PM)

The LG GSA-H30 is long in the tooth and may never be released in your area (I think it was an OEM only drive available in Dells or something)... Thie Pioneer seems like a solid drive.  I now have my first SATA drive (a Plextor PX-755SA) and like it, but would rather use the heck out of something that did not cost as much.

Dimitris32 -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 5:43:21 PM)

So then, what do you think?  Should I just give the Bulkpag disks a try this evening?  Or should I wait till tomorrow and take them back to the store?

Question:  what exactly do you mean by 'long in the tooth'?  That it might take a long time to get here (if at all), for example?  In that case, how do you think the SATA Pioneer might compare in terms of burning quality?

SithTracy -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 6:06:11 PM)

Long in the tooth means it has been around for a while and it is more likely a newer version will hit before you get one.  I am probably going to pick up a Pioneer because I have heard good things about them.

Dimitris32 -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 6:13:03 PM)

alright.. I'll give the disks a try tonight at my friend's and I'll give you an update of who makes them later on...

SithTracy -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 6:50:32 PM)

I found a review on your media that was not so favorable:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/bulkpaq_8x_dvd-r_printable_review.cfm

Dimitris32 -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 11:47:57 PM)

I myself found some negative posts about this media, too... So, I changed my mind and still haven't opened them... so I think I'll take them back to the shop tomorrow... As I will probably be buying an LG drive, which media brands do you think I should give preference to?  How are Riteks (8x DVD-R) with LG drives? 

SithTracy -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/14/2007 11:54:14 PM)

Never used Ritek media on an LG drive.  Today I only use Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden... that is all I have... Probably a luxery of being state side.  Wish I could help you there, but Ritek/Ridata is just not that good, but I guess it is better than BulkPaq if it is all you have in your area.

Dimitris32 -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/15/2007 12:55:05 AM)

No, I should be able to find Memorex and Verbatim disks, too...  I was just reading a review for a LG drive on the net and apparently these disks are quite good (the Memorex media also seem to produce a bit better quality results than Verbatims)... what is your experience with these?

SithTracy -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/15/2007 10:29:05 AM)

Memorex burns better than Verbatim?!!?  Hmmm, I'd question the source.  But in all honesty, for the last couple years I have burned Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden exclusivly.  There is no reason for me to use anything else.  The burn quality I get is outstanding.  I have no opinion on Memorex as I think they use/redistribute CMC media.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Who makes BULKPAQ 8x DVD-R disks? (3/15/2007 7:55:02 PM)

Memorex discs are HORRIBLE!  They are CMC Magnetics rubbish.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI