Backup Options- NOT multisession? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring

sublagga -> Backup Options- NOT multisession? (2/24/2007 3:27:30 PM)

I'd like to back up most of my hard drive unto DVDs. I'd like to be able to grab any cd out of the backup and copy data off it (manually).

Most backup softwares create multisession disks or demand that all of the discs are connected together- to get your data you have to keep putting in disk after disk.

Does anyone have any reccomendations on low priced software that will let me backup without needed to load all of the cds to only restore one or two files?

(I searched this Authoring forum, specifying "Backup" in the title and also "backup" in the posts, but most of the posts were about backup up a DVD movie, not backup up data files on a hard drive.)

Any help would be great.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Backup Options- NOT multisession? (2/24/2007 8:21:23 PM)

I personally use Norton Ghost.  It's a great program, and you can set it to do a full backup, or just what has changed since your last backup.

As far as "multi-session" goes, I would never do this, always finalize the discs.

SithTracy -> RE: Backup Options- NOT multisession? (2/25/2007 2:56:37 PM)

I've never used it, and it's not free, but some friends of mine swear by Acronis True Image.  They have a home edition for roughly fifty bucks (U.S.).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI