dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders

rokrok -> dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups (1/1/2007 10:38:00 PM)

i own a Toshiba DVD player (#SD-K615) and EVERY back-up that i've produced since 11/2006 will not play on it. player will read "DISC ERROR" and eject the disc. i use ANYDVD/CLONE DVD2 (latest versions). funny thing about all of this is that the dvd's play on every other player that i've been able to access(COBY,Phillips) and the pc w/o problems.

SithTracy -> RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups (1/2/2007 6:09:19 AM)

What brand/kind of media are you recording to?  Looks like the Toshiba SD-K615 supports DVD-R.  I suppose you could get away with +R media if you have a recorder capable of book-typing to DVD-ROM (i.e LG, Plextor, BenQ, or LITE-ON).

rokrok -> RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups (1/2/2007 9:37:54 AM)

when i had purchased the player back in 01/2005, it stated that it played all formats. i've been using +R since i started making back-ups using the DVD X COPY program in 2003. what i will do is try using a -R blank on a recently purchased movie that i own and see if that works. if you have any more input re this issue, please let me know. thanks

SithTracy -> RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups (1/2/2007 11:08:43 AM)

What kind of burner are you using on your PC?  Does it support book-typing +R media to DVD-ROM?  If it does, simply do that and you should be okay.  What I saw online is that your set-top Toshiba player only supports DVD-R media.

rokrok -> RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups (1/2/2007 12:23:34 PM)

E: HP DVD WRITER 300N 1.25
F: SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148 B100

SithTracy -> RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups (1/2/2007 1:49:00 PM)

You are a tad behind on your firmware.  You can get the latest at The Firmware Page (I provided a direct link to your drive)

The HP DVD writer you mention is an OEM NEC ND-1100A.  The drive does not support bit-setting/book-typing with NEC or HP firmware, but there are hacked versions you can use.  I suggest picking up a new LG drive for roughly 30 bucks and have a modern drive that is arguably one of the better burners on the market today.  Get the GSA-H12 or GSA-H22.  They are both excellent writers.

NEC drives are better for DVD-R media anyway.  That should play in your Toshiba but may not play in the other set-top units the +R media works in.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.586914E-02