Nero Express (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring

serious juju -> Nero Express (11/20/2006 5:56:21 PM)

Hey guys new to the board have a question. Is their a way to password protect a dvd or cd burned in Nero Express or any other program

Thanks

SithTracy -> RE: Nero Express (11/20/2006 6:03:51 PM)

Well, Plextor has a propitiatory technology that only works with Plextor drives... Useless if you ask me... And I think RICOH was developping something as well.  Your best bet is to put a Truecrypt volume on the CD/DVD and have an autorun file trigger a batch to mount it as another drive letter and prompt for a password.

TrueCrypt is open source... Google away.

serious juju -> RE: Nero Express (11/20/2006 6:12:59 PM)

I am confused, all I need is a program that will allow me to password protect a data disc once its made.
Can nero or any other program do this.

thanks

SithTracy -> RE: Nero Express (11/20/2006 9:09:03 PM)

No.  Like I said, there is TrueCrypt... You can ZIP/RAR/7z Password protect the data in a file, or buy a Plextor drive and exchange the data with a password with other Plextor owners.  Those are your options today... I have not researched the Ricoh solution, but it is about as promising as the Plextor solution... need an optical drive that can handle it.  TrueCrypt is the best option right now, but it requires some reading and the users of the disc need admin rights... And the disc could only be accessed on Windows XP/2000 or Linux based machines today... Mac support is coming to TrueCrypt in the future.

serious juju -> RE: Nero Express (11/20/2006 11:08:54 PM)

so you can only do it if you zip the file?

SithTracy -> RE: Nero Express (11/20/2006 11:25:42 PM)

Password protected zip file containing the contents of what you may want on the CD...  You're not going to be able to encrypt the disc in a way like I think you are looking to do.

serious juju -> RE: Nero Express (11/22/2006 8:17:35 PM)

thanks for the help

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.586914E-02