How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy

Billy_Brethren -> How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/25/2006 2:28:06 AM)

I've seen this done, but just don't know how to do it.  I am trying to burn an image file (.cue) to a CD-RW using Nero Express, but I would like to add a couple of small files to the CD-RW's root directory.

I had the idea of mounting the .cue file as a G: drive, copying the files to G: and then doing a Disk Copy of the mounted image, but XP won't let me copy to a "read only" drive.

How can I make burn an image file and add a couple of extra files to it?  Can this be done in one step, or does it get more involved?

Thanks in advance,

Billy

Billy_Brethren -> RE: How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/25/2006 1:11:40 PM)

Bump !

MP3Mogul -> RE: How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/25/2006 1:49:11 PM)

Do you have a program such as MagicISO or PowerISO?

Billy_Brethren -> RE: How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/25/2006 2:08:00 PM)

Yes, I think I have both (checking...)

I have Magic ISO, I think I have PowerISO saved somewhere.  I'm more familiar with Nero, could muddle through using Magic ISO.

MP3Mogul -> RE: How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/25/2006 5:23:55 PM)

Open up the image.  Let's say you're using MagicISO.  Now click on the box up top to add files.  Now save it.

You're done, burn the image using your favorite software.

Billy_Brethren -> RE: How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/25/2006 6:13:18 PM)

Thank you very much.  I did as instructed and it worked perfectly the first time.  Burned to image and then verified the extra files were there on the disk.

Noticed that it converted the bin/cue to .iso.  Not that it matters, I prefer to work with iso's anyways.

IS there a difference ?  Any "loss" in terms of data quality ?  How do iso's and bin/cue files differ in size ?

MP3Mogul -> RE: How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/25/2006 8:31:10 PM)

Billy, if you used MagicISO (it's what I use) it gives you the option to save as a Bin/Cue, ISO, or Nero Image file.  Just a note for future reference! [;)]

Billy_Brethren -> RE: How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/25/2006 9:08:50 PM)

I did use Magic ISO, and I acutally looked for an alternative and didn't see one.  Although of the 3, I would rather use ISO anyways.

Does anyone even use Nero's image format ?  I avoid it as much as I can.

MP3Mogul -> RE: How to Burn an Image + some Extra Files (6/26/2006 6:32:08 AM)

Billy when you select "Save As" is when you get the option to change the format type.  I use the ISO format as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI