sony cd burner (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

IGBT -> sony cd burner (5/23/2006 6:45:29 PM)

Hi All,

This is my first post here.  I have an old box I made my self using a Athlon 850mhz slot processor and bioStar MOB.  It has a sony cd burner that works great but wit only one kind of cdrw's.  It won't rec.anything else.  Tried TDK, Liteon, and a few other brands of cdrw's the only brand that works is   "Smart and Friendly"..which is out of biz.  Any idea's what's going on here??  Why's this sony cdrw so pickey?? And what makes the Smart/Friendly CDRW (blanks) so special??[&o]

Matthew -> RE: sony cd burner (5/24/2006 6:43:14 PM)

If it's an older drive, supporting CD-RW at no higher than 4x speed, then media that is not "high speed" is required (1-4x media instead of 4-10x).

Some older drives were just so fussy on CD-RW media that it's simpler not to bother, from bitter experience with my JVC drive that was a "one brand wonder" for CD-RW.

IGBT -> RE: sony cd burner (5/26/2006 12:56:30 PM)

..yes it's an older drive i.e. 8x4x32.  I guess I'll have to trash it.  I wonder if a firmwear update might help??

MP3Mogul -> RE: sony cd burner (5/26/2006 6:00:13 PM)

No, a firmware update is not going to help.  It's time to update.... go for a good DVD writer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI