Back-up double layer DVD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy

mabelle26 -> Back-up double layer DVD (2/13/2006 3:52:07 PM)

Hi everybody,
I need some help in backing up some movies I own.
I have a LiteON LTN486S (external) EZ-DUB. Media DVD-R TDK
Can somebody tell me how to copy double layer DVD?
Do I need special media?
I read to DVD no problem but as soon as I try to burn it I get the answer that there is not enough room on the blank DVD.

This is what I get when use DVD Decrypter:

LITE-ON SOHW-1673SU XS02 (USB)
Current Profile: DVD-ROM
Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 3,163,569
Size: 6,478,989,312 bytes
Time: 703:02:69 (MM:SS:FF)
Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,058,672
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,039,359
Layer Information:
Layer 0 Sectors: 1,842,752 (58.25%)
Layer 1 Sectors: 1,320,817 (41.75%)

Please, help.
Mabelle.[8|]

MP3Mogul -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/13/2006 4:11:39 PM)

You can use dual layer (DL) media, or you can do a google search for DVDSHRINK and download it.  It runs pretty self-explanatory.  Basically it lets you fit a DVD-9 (DL) on a DVD-5 (Regular DVD) media.

Antonio -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/13/2006 4:16:42 PM)

First you need DVD Fab Decrypter to rip the movie onto your HD, in order to remove any possible protection. Since you own the disc it is not illegal.
Then with any burning application you can burn it onto a DVD DL disc. I use Nero.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/13/2006 6:59:59 PM)

Owning the disc does not make it "legal".  Most countries have laws that forbid backing up your copy, even though you own it.  The U.S. strictly forbids this. 

I think we have a "RIGHT" to backup software/games/films that we have purchased to protect against future damage.

SithTracy -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/13/2006 8:39:14 PM)

quote:

I think we have a "RIGHT" to backup software/games/films that we have purchased to protect against future damage.

AMEN!!!  One of the reasons I backup movies is to get rid of the useless ads.  I paid for the movie, and I'm not interested in the 15 - 30 minutes of crap that you try to force me through before I watch the film.  The other factor is people with portable music and video players.  I love my iPod and rip CD's for it constantly.  May even one day get a Video iPod...

The most important aspect of this is a loss of freedom.  These laws take away our freedom to do what we want with what we purchased.

In closing, I'll say this, copy protection (for the most part) is nothing but a challenge to those that have honest intentions.

Antonio -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/14/2006 1:49:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

Owning the disc does not make it "legal".  Most countries have laws that forbid backing up your copy, even though you own it.  The U.S. strictly forbids this. 

I think we agree on that, same thing with different words.[;)][:D] 

mabelle26 -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/14/2006 11:15:41 PM)

Thank u guys,
I never tried to back-up on a double layer blank. Does somebody know where should I look for them in Vancouver-BC area?
In the main time I just backed-up 2 movies (DVD-9 to 5) with dvdshrink+nero without significant picture quality loss.
I also got 1 click dvd but I'm not very impressed, am I missing something?
Thanks again,
Mabelle[:D]

Clint -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/14/2006 11:36:28 PM)

You will only notice significant picture degredation on long-length movies (e.g. Titanic, 1997), and large screens.

Antonio -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/15/2006 1:29:06 AM)

I think in a normal TV set the difference won't be noticable while the sound remains untouched.[:)]

Clint -> RE: Back-up double layer DVD (2/15/2006 11:45:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antonio

...while the sound remains untouched.[:)]

If you leave DTS/Dolby Digital intact, that is.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI