Copy protection issues? Not sure (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy

mech81 -> Copy protection issues? Not sure (1/29/2006 10:14:48 PM)

Hi,

I'm kind of a newbie concerning dvds. I've been having trouble reading rental dvd's on my computer. I've tried windows media player 10 and Cyberlink powerdvd 5 but to no avail. What happens is that when I try to play the dvd like Mr. and Mrs Smith my dvd reader just reads and it just hangs right there or no playback happens despite me going into windows explorer and asking to read the .vob files. I've tried installing ffdshow codecs and others but none worked.

My current dvd-roms are Lite-on SOHC-5235K and Pioneer 106D. Another thing I observed is that I tried playing it on a friends laptop Acer 5001WLmi and encountered the same problem with the programs above as well. I have a feeling it might be the copy protection issues but I dont have much experience with these.

Has anybody had any problems like this before? If so, is there any way I can solve this? Kind of frustrated that I cant play rented dvds and still have to pay for the rentals.

Cheers

Antonio -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (1/30/2006 5:15:55 AM)

How about ripping the contents with DVD Fad Decrypter?

mech81 -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (1/30/2006 10:54:34 PM)

Hmmm....I'm more concerned that I cant play the movie more than ripping it...Any ideas anyone on what's wrong?

emperor -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (1/31/2006 3:43:45 AM)

have you checked to see if the disc is in good physical shape or its scratched?

MP3Mogul -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (1/31/2006 6:22:44 AM)

Mech81,

You'll need  a program such as power DVD to read them and play them on your computer, as they are copy protected!

mech81 -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (1/31/2006 7:07:16 AM)

I have tried using Cyberlink PowerDVD 5 and all it does is it tries reading it for a sec (no video yet) and then stops reading it and nothing happens. I sent it back to the rental place and took another of the same type and check the physicalities of the DVD and it was fine physically but tried playing it again and no go.....ARGHH!!!

Antonio -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (1/31/2006 9:57:18 AM)

What about your drive's region?

mech81 -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (1/31/2006 6:59:26 PM)

I used DVD-region killer version2.7 and set it at region 4. Still no go.....

Antonio -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (2/1/2006 2:24:08 AM)

Windows media player cannot also play it?

Have you changed the drive's region and it is the same as with the disc you rent?

AvidGamer -> RE: Copy protection issues? Not sure (2/11/2006 12:01:58 AM)

A good program in my opinion would be DVD X Copy Platinum version. Just do a search on your favorite search engine for the software. Be sure to lookout for the package that includes the ripper. Some of them dont come with it

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI