Converting an ISO DVD file to DVD format (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video

chermesh -> Converting an ISO DVD file to DVD format (1/15/2006 8:03:26 AM)

Hi,
I have an iso which I would like to convert for DVD Players format. After running a web search, I found that dvdSanta can do the job. Still, dvdSanta accepts input exclusively from a CD/DVD drive. Since my file is residing on my HD, and I don't like the idea of a two-step DVD media burning, one from my HD to a DVD disk, two from this DVD disk in ISO format to DVD format via dvdSanta, I hoped to find a way to set a virtual DVD drive, copy the ISO file to it, input it to dvdSanta, and output it to a DVD media.
I tried Paragon CD-ROM Emulator, but failed either in copying the file to this virtual disk or in finding a way for inputting the file from the virtual disk to dvdSanta.
Can you suggest a way of converting a DVD ISO file to a DVD format to be burned on a DVD media?

Ran

MP3Mogul -> RE: Converting an ISO DVD file to DVD format (1/15/2006 2:54:07 PM)

What program did you use to make the DVD ISO?

emperor -> RE: Converting an ISO DVD file to DVD format (1/16/2006 3:25:44 AM)

Probably the software used to make the ISo DVD file was not very good, resulting virtual mount software cannot recognize it...maybe you can re-make it with ISOBuster or similar well known software

chermesh -> RE: Converting an ISO DVD file to DVD format (1/19/2006 11:10:35 AM)

Since I didn't create the file, I don't know which program was used for creating it.

Ran

chermesh -> RE: Converting an ISO DVD file to DVD format (1/19/2006 11:13:37 AM)

My problem isn't the quality of the file. It's the fact that the program I have, dvdSanta, isn't ready to input a file from my HD and insists on a DVD drive. I tried creating a DVD virtual drive, but failed to find a way to copy the ISO file from my HD to the virtual drive.

Ran

tqhoang -> RE: Converting an ISO DVD file to DVD format (1/19/2006 10:54:57 PM)

This ISO file you have might already be a DVD-Video format.  If it contains a VIDEO_TS folder, then you just need to burn the image directly to a writeable DVD+/-R (or Dual Layer if it's bigger than ~4.37GB).

With that said, you still need to "mount" the ISO image somehow to see what it has on it right?  You can use the Virtual Clone Drive from Elby (also distributed by SlySoft).
http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI