DVDinfo pro asks for R28 FW for NEC ND 3500AG (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro

bdwoolman -> DVDinfo pro asks for R28 FW for NEC ND 3500AG (12/28/2005 5:33:13 PM)

Seasons Greets,

Here's the deal: When I tried to do a disk scan using my ND3500AG with DVDInfoPro I got a message saying that an R28 firmware was required. I have done a bit of research looking for it and have learned from some old posts that this R28 was an experimental FW released to developers. (Currently I have a Dangerous Bros RPC1 FW on the drive.)

FYI: My burner seems fine, but I was curious to test some T Yudens I got at a good price. They play okay but I thought to test them.

What is the current status of this FW?  I saw a post that R28 FW was being tested with DVDInfoPro. How did it go? And any chance of getting the R28 officially or unofficially? Would it even be wise to do so?

Thought I would go straight to the horse's mouth. Or should I say The Zebra's. Hope this does not touch a sore spot. Seems like the issue is dead as far as NEC is concerned though. They appear to be moving on.

However, since DVDInfoPro was telling me to get the R28 firmware to do the test I thought perhaps there is still hope.

Is there?

Happy Hols,

d:-b     ruce

emperor -> RE: DVDinfo pro asks for R28 FW for NEC ND 3500AG (1/5/2006 4:05:57 AM)

Yes 2.R8 is needed for 3500 scans, too bad no-one has it, almost no-one[:)]

bdwoolman -> RE: DVDinfo pro asks for R28 FW for NEC ND 3500AG (1/5/2006 5:59:00 PM)

Thanks for your reply, emperor.

But you will have to confess it is a bit cryptic. So now I'm asking: What's the skinny on this elusive FW? Does it work? Does it cause problems? Will it ever be released?

Believe me. I am not tarting around for a copy. Really. I saw in my lurking that it is released to developers. And, besides, I am not sure I need to test that badly.  (My cheapo TY discs play fine. And this drive has, by all accounts, a good track record.) But my curiosity is piqued. This old journo (retired) smells a yarn. And he would dearly love to hear someone spin it. Just for my own edification. Honest.

Shoot me a PM if the dirty low down should not be on public display.

Trust you had a good holiday. But don't forget to celebrate the Julian New Year coming up on the 14th of Jan. The season's not really over until then.

Cheers,

d:-b     ruce

emperor -> RE: DVDinfo pro asks for R28 FW for NEC ND 3500AG (1/16/2006 4:01:00 AM)

Yes someone i tend to be cryptic [:)]

The fact is that the firmware wasn't released from NEC, and i have no idea if and when will be released. [8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI