Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring

zedster2112 -> Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/27/2003 9:46:26 AM)

I downloaded the latest ASPI download and then downloaded The latest flash tool for my Phillips cdd3610 and when I try to run the flash tool I get "ASPI send error". I've tried the ASPI fix and also redownloaded flash tool, but I still get the same message. I am using win XP on my system. Any ideas??? Thanks

Jimmys -> RE: Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/27/2003 12:57:39 PM)

Hello
Are you sure tha the aspi is currently installed in your system?
Check it by using the aspichk.exe utility

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/27/2003 1:51:26 PM)

Hi zedster2122 and Welcome to Our Forum !!! [:)]
As was said many times before ASPI 4.60 is more than sufficient for XP machines. Newer versions are just too problematic to mess with so I suggest you try My ASPI FIX which you can download at :-
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10805
And just follow the Instructions fully and then see if it makes any difference !!! [:)]

zedster2112 -> RE: Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/29/2003 3:59:27 AM)

I used aspifix. Then I ran ASPI check and it has all files of 4.60 installed. When I try to use the flash tool again I still get a ASPI send error. Any other ideas???? Im using the correct flash tool for the CDD3610. Zedster

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/29/2003 4:52:31 AM)

This drive is older than me [:D] so if you are still getting the same problem I would have thought that it is a hardware failure so it may be time to replace with a new one seeing though the new fast ones are very cheap at the moment !!! [:)]

zedster2112 -> RE: Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/29/2003 6:49:05 AM)

Yeah it's an old one all right...I'll check Ebay and get a new one. Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

This drive is older than me [:D] so if you are still getting the same problem I would have thought that it is a hardware failure so it may be time to replace with a new one seeing though the new fast ones are very cheap at the moment !!! [:)]

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/29/2003 2:15:48 PM)

OK No problem !!! [:)]
I hope you manage to find one on E-Bay but personally I would purchase one from a dealer with a good reputation or from one of the On-Line Shops that way you do get a warrenty !!! [:)]

Matthew -> RE: Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/29/2003 7:14:58 PM)

According to this site, the flash should be performed from DOS
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6893/3610mod.htm

Reading further, there is a DOS and a Windows tool - now if I had a choice of a DOS or a Windows Flash, I'd go for DOS every time!

Try again using DOS mode and the 3.09 firmware

This is a pretty old drive though - if you end up looking for a new one (I think your location said USA) - keep a close eye out for good rebate and discount offers, or go looking for a cheap drive that uses the Liteon guts at lower price than a branded Liteon - does anyone OTHER than Liteon use that rounded end LED and rounded end button (the two are the same shape) - if a drive has those faceplate features, it's probably Liteon based - typically, the tray front is also rectangular, slightly vertically bowed but faired off a little at the ends.

Matthew -> RE: Phillips cdd3610 flash tool problem (12/29/2003 10:19:49 PM)

Just spotted:
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-10262&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_7&oid=82894
Liteon 411s (DVD +/-RW and a respectable CD-R speed too!)
For $69.99 with rebate at Circuit City

Now THAT is what you call a rebate offer!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI