The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video

michaelm -> The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/16/2005 3:15:21 AM)

Hello there guys. Maybe a dumb question but having the original DVD of the Passion of the Christ I cannot get the subtitles. I use a Liteon 1633 drive with Power DVD 5. Any advices?

Thanks

Michael, Italy

emperor -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/16/2005 3:36:29 AM)

strange, maybe use the movie subtitle function to show the subtitles? can you test to see if subtitles works on a stand alone dvd player?

michaelm -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/16/2005 3:44:30 AM)

Emperor, thanks for your quick reply. It is strange indeed. There is no way to get those subtitles. The main menu let me choose the subtitle options. And after choosing the wanted one I return to the movie but nothing changed. In a few minutes I'll check with a stand alone DVD player and will let you know.
Michael

emperor -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/16/2005 4:11:32 AM)

strange...lets see how it goes with a stand alone DVD player

michaelm -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/16/2005 4:18:23 AM)

Emperor, I did a run with a stand alone DVD player and everything is fine with the subtitles, so I guess it is a pc drive or software issue but you'll have the last word......

Michael

emperor -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/16/2005 4:27:10 AM)

Ok, maybe its a problem of PowerDVD, can you try with other software DVD player, like Media Player Classic

MP3Mogul -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/16/2005 5:44:52 AM)

I can confirm that they work fine in PowerDVD 6 with "The Passion" without problems. Perhaps this was a limitation of PowerDVD 5?

tqhoang -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/16/2005 11:10:49 AM)

POTC (Widescreen) works fine with PowerDVD 5.
- Which way are you trying to enable the subtitles? via the DVD's menu system or PowerDVD's Subtitle menu?
- Also have you applied the latest v5 build 1203 patch?

michaelm -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/17/2005 6:51:30 PM)

Emperor and MP3Mogul: yes, the Passion in Power DVD 6 works fine. It was a software issue and
Tqhoang, I've been trying to get subtitles in the only way possible, which is via the DVD menu. PowerDvd 5 won't even let me choose the subtitles because it won't enable the funtion. And no I didn't install the patch. Where can I find it?

Many thanks to all

Michael, Italy

tqhoang -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/18/2005 10:40:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Emperor and MP3Mogul: yes, the Passion in Power DVD 6 works fine. It was a software issue and
Tqhoang, I've been trying to get subtitles in the only way possible, which is via the DVD menu. PowerDvd 5 won't even let me choose the subtitles because it won't enable the funtion. And no I didn't install the patch. Where can I find it?

Many thanks to all

Michael, Italy

Cyberlink Webpage

PowerDVD patches are here.

Note: This was called v5.0 build 1203 patch but the executable is still v5.0.0.1107 (FWIW a previous patch had this build 1107 too).

michaelm -> RE: The Passion original DVD cannot show subtitles..... (2/18/2005 10:45:17 AM)

Thank you again Tqhoang for your help...I'll try it and see how it goes...

Michael

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.660156E-02