burning .img files... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives

zubol -> burning .img files... (2/7/2005 7:15:56 AM)

wich prog. to burn .img movies???

have Dvddecrypter now, but i wont to try som others to compare..
I´m not into converting .img to .iso first,, then burn.. would like a burning prog. thata can burn .img directly..

Mostly for burning movies....

Thanks...

Iggy -> RE: burning .img files... (2/7/2005 10:44:05 AM)

Nero or CopyToDVD? But DVD Decrypter is free.[:)]

zubol -> RE: burning .img files... (2/8/2005 1:38:06 PM)

Thanks,, but nero? does it support .img by default?

heard that u can rename .img to .iso and burn in nero, tryied that, dont work for me, and i´ve heard some others say that it is not god to do that...

scorpio -> RE: burning .img files... (2/9/2005 1:30:55 AM)

You can't burn IMG file from Nero !
Only NRG, ISO and CUE.

For IMG you can use Alchohol !

ImagoX -> RE: burning .img files... (2/17/2005 9:39:52 PM)

What do you think the problem is when you have an .IMG file that you mount to a virtual drive (I used Daemon Tools, but I know Alcohol will do that , too), and then it allows you to play the video file in question, but the playback is just black? I can hear audio, so I know it's playing SOMETHING, but the video is just black... (?) Do you think it will be any different if I actually physically burn the .IMG file to DVD using Alcohol?

EDIT: This is weird... Just to see what would happen, I renamed the .IMG file to .ISO and tried physically burning the file to DVD using Nero. I was surprised whrn it started burning just fine. I put the disc in a seperate DVD drive, and not only does the disc play (which surprises me, since I thought you actually had to convert .IMG files to .ISO with an app to make them recordable) but it also PLAYS JUST FINE using Windows Media Player. The truly bizarre thing though is that the video is still hosed when using Power DVD (my preferred playback app). Guess I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but that IS weird...

LIGHTNING UK! -> RE: burning .img files... (2/18/2005 6:10:00 AM)

As DVD only uses 1 sector size, all images should be identical unless the program that made them has appended (or prefixed) it with it's own little chunk of code - as is the case for PDI, NRG, CDI etc images.

The others CAN just be renamed to ISO without a problem.

forkart -> RE: burning .img files... (3/8/2005 1:53:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zubol

wich prog. to burn .img movies???

have Dvddecrypter now, but i wont to try som others to compare..
I´m not into converting .img to .iso first,, then burn.. would like a burning prog. thata can burn .img directly..

Mostly for burning movies....

Thanks...

Using MagicISO to burn .img files. It is a good ISO burner.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.611328E-02