Waitec VISION HR DVD
Recorder - page 2
Unpacking - Control Menu
The recorder's front panel is very attractive with a very nice design.
The loading tray is located in the middle, with the power switch on the left and several buttons conveniently placed on the right for operating the unit.
The pictures below show the inside of the Vision HR after
removing the cover, an action that is not recommended, as it
voids the manufacturer's warranty. (Click on
the image for an enlarged view).
The CS98200 is a highly-integrated processor that provides all of the audio
and video processing functions needed for the next generation of feature-rich
DVD players, DVD receivers and Internet DVD applications. Tomorrow's features
available today on a single chip solution that include DVD-Audio, MP3/WMA, AAC, Kodak
Picture CD, Dolby AC-3, Dolby ProLogic, and DTS decoding. It supports CD
formats, DVD navigation, disk control, video decoding and up to eight channels
of output. An extension of the Cirrus' CS98000 DVD product line, the CS98200
integrates six 10-bit video digital-to-analog converters (DACs) and TV encoding
with progressive scan functionality. Progressive scan video provides high
resolution and eliminates the "flickering" effect present in traditional
video playback. Other features enabled by this integrated chip include karaoke
functionality and video special effects.
- DVD-Video, VCD, VCD 2.0, VCD 3.0, SVCD, CD, and other popular standards
- DVD-Audio including CPPM and Verance? watermark protection
- MPEG1, MPEG2, and leading edge MPEG4 decoding
- Flexible ATAPI or AV bus DVD loader support with no additional logic
- Dual 32-bit RISC processors, supported by RTOS, C/C++ compilers, and source
- 32-bit DSP capable of AC-3, MPEG, DTS, MP3, WMA and AAC audio decode algorithms
- High-quality integrated video encoder with six 10-bit video D/A converters
- Component (RGB or YUV) or composite & S-Video output
- Interlaced (PAL/NTSC) or progressive (480p) output, with MacrovisionTM
- CCIR656 video I/O for video capture, PVR and DVR type applications, picture-in-picture
- IEC-958 (S/PDIF) & simultaneous PCM output
- 5.1 downmix, karaoke echo mix, pitch shift, and many other effects
- PAL / NTSC transcoding
- Dual 16550 compatible UARTs
- AC ?97 serial interface
- 240 MQFP package
This is the main chipset for the internal drive. As can be seen, it
is manufactured by Ricoh.
As you can see, the VISION HR has all the appropriate connections. However,
there's no DD5.1 CH built-in decoder.
retail package also includes a remote control, with which you'll need to
spend a little time to get acquainted. Click on the image for an enlarged
Below is the players' main screen, which appears every
time you turn the player on.
Choosing setup, you will see the following screens:
You can also program the unit for scheduled recording.