LiteOn LVW-5005 DVD
Recorder - page 2
Unpacking - Control Menu
The retail package, which arrived at our labs, included the
unit, remote control, two batteries, the Scart and audio/video
cables. However, we would like to see a coaxial cable included as well.
On the unit's front panel, there is a power button situated
on the left, while on the right all the appropriate buttons
(e.g.:for playback and recording without the any need to use of the remote
control). Just below those buttons there is a small tray
hiding DV and audio/video inputs. As you can see beneath this
is what you can connect your digital, or analogue camcorder ,
into and start transferring the material
onto a DVD.
The pictures below present the inside of LVW-5005, after
removing the cover, an action that is not recommended , as it
usually equals losing the manufacturer's warranty. (Click on
the image for an enlarged view).
The DMN?-8600 is the first fully integrated DVD recorder
system processor for single-drive DVD recorder products. The system processor
supports all DVD recording and playback formats and enables feature-rich
DVD recorder solutions and significantly lowers system-level
costs and design complexity for consumer electronics manufacturers.
The DiMeNsion 8600 Manufacturing Kit (DMN-8600MK) would
satisfy even more qualified customers. Based on the high-performance DMN-8600
processor, the DMN-8600MK DVD recorder manufacturing kit reduces risk, time-to-market
and BOM costs.
- Dual 150 MIPS RISC architecture with integrated audio DSPs, I-cache and
memory host functions
- 2D graphics engine with DVD sub-picture decode and 32-bit RGBA
- Flexible video and motion estimation processors
- MPEG-2 MP@ML codec
- DV-25 codec
- Real-time VBR encoding
- Serial I/O interface controller for infrared port, general-purpose serial
I/O, modem, etc.
- Storage device interface controller for IDE/ATAPI devices or non-ATAPI
devices (low-cost optical loaders)
- Highly integrated single-chip and manufacturing kit design reduce BOM
- TrueView? Pro temporal filtering for pre-encode noise filtering
- TrueScan? Pro de-interlacing for superior progressive display output
- High-performance memory controller with a 32-bit data bus allows flexible
support of 8-64 MB of external SDR/DDR/SDRAM
- IEEE1394 link layer (with 5C copy protection) provides easy-to-use DV camcorder
On the back panel there are the audio/video outputs. Being
more precise, we can find: RF in and RF out, Scart in and Scart out, Video
out, Analogue audio out (left/right), video out, and the digital audio out
For excellent sound, we recommend that the coaxial or optical output
for digital sound be used, together with an A/V 5.1CH (or more)
amplifier. Sony offers a wide variety of home theater solutions.
When you are about to connect the DVD player straight to
your TV, you can try one of the two provided cables, composite
video output and audio (RCA), or the Scart, which also includes stereo
sound. Here, we would like to point out the lack of an S-Video output.
retail package also includes a remote control- a very ergonomic and easy
to operate device. Click on the image for an enlarged view.
Below is the main screen from the player, the first one you see every time
you turn the player on.
When turning to setup, you will see such a screen:
There are four quality settings for recording available.
The device has also a built-in TV tuner.