Patriot Memory recently released the new Torqx 2 – a new SSD that has been designed to deliver a balance of price and performance. The Patriot Torqx 2 series of 2.5-inch SSDs enables users to boost performance of existing desktops and notebooks, since it is using a SATA 3.0 Gb/s and not the SATA 6.0 Gb/s interface.
The Torqx 2 is based on a Phison controller (PS PS3105-S5 ,) which enables the Patriot Torqx 2 to achieve read speeds up to 270MB/s and take advantage of the SATA 3.0 Gb/s interface. Write speeds up to 230MB/s, according to the official specifications of the 128GB version of the Torqx 2 SSD, which we will test today.
The Patriot Torqx 2 series also incorporates TRIM technology to ensure the drive always maintains maximum performance with compatible operating systems.
The Patriot Torqx 2 ships in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities.
- Sequential Read: up to 270MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 230MB/s
- Interface: SATA I/II
- TRIM Support (O/S dependent)
- RAID Support: Yes
- 128MB DRAM Cache
- Power Consumption: DC 5V, Standby 0.5W, Operating 5.3W
- MTBF: > 1,500,000 Hours
- Data Retention: >5 years at 25° C
- Data Reliability: Built in BCH 9, 24-bit ECC
- Operating Temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Storage Temperature: 40°C~85°C
- Operating Shock: 1,500G (@ 0.5msec half sine wave)
- Vibration Resistance: 20G/80~2000Hz w 3 axis
- Humidity: 0°C to 55°C / 95% RH, 10 cycles
- O/S Support: Win XP / Vista / 7