We have in our labs the OCZ Revodrive, a high performance PCIe Solid State Drive (SSD) for consumer applications in desktops and workstation PCs. Moving beyond the bottleneck of SATA II, the RevoDrive features a PCI-E interface and promises to deliver speeds up to 540MB/s reads and random 4k writes up to 75,000 IOPS.
The device has been designed for high-performance gaming PCs and workstations, allowing users to run both Windows and applications.
OCZ is offering the device in capacities of 50GB and up to 480GB, a 3-year warranty and a 2 million hour mean time between failure (MTBF) rating.
The idea behind the Revodrive is to use the PCIe interface of your system in order to connect your solid state storage medium, keeping SATA around as an interface with traditional hard drives, especially if your system is not supporting 6Gbps SATA. By putting NAND in parallel, the Revodrive offers a high-capacity and fast solution that could be used for both booting up your system and of course storing your applications.
Today we will run some benchmarks on the 50GB version of the drive (part number OCZSSDPX-1RVD0050), which can be purchased online for $200~230.
- Capacity: 50GB to 480GB capacities
- Part Number: OCZSSDPX-1RVD0050
- PCI-Express interface (x4)
- For use as primary boot drive or data storage
- Internal RAID 0
- 181.07 (L) x 21.59 (W) x 125.08mm (H)
- Shock Resistance: 1500g
- Seek Time: 0.1 ms
- Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Storage Temp: -45°C ~ 85°C
- Power Consumption: 3W Idle, 8W active
- MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
- 3-Year Warranty
- Compatible with Windows XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64
- Read: Up to 540 MB/s
- Write: Up to 450 MB/s
- Sustained Write: Up to 350 MB/s
- Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 70,000 IOPS