The MCR220-QP (Quiet Power) series radiators are extreme-duty liquid-to-air heat exchangers designed to be used with two 120mm fans and specifically engineered for high-end liquid cooled Personal Computers. The MCR220-QP heat exchangers have been engineered to meet today's PC industry highest thermal loads, quality standards, and low noise requirements at competitive prices. With the MCR220-QP there is attached the MCB120 revision 2 "Radbox" that can be used to mount the MCR220-QP at a case. According to SwifTech, it retains all the functionalities of the original but is now made of injection molded plastic, and receives several cosmetic enhancements:
- A silky black paint finish,
- The edge of the housing now overlaps the base plate for a cleaner, more pleasing look,
- The silver Swiftech logo is applied on the side highly contrasting with the black background for a rich finishing touch
Mechanically, the product is very sturdy, thanks to the base plate, featuring numerous reinforcement ribs, and it fulfils its function to perfection. The MCB120 Rev2 "Radbox" can support single, dual or triple 120mm radiators. There is included a PCI pass-thru bracket is now simplified, eliminating the nipple connections used in the previous kit. The tube passes straight thru the bracket which improves flow rate, eliminates four connections, and therefore the possibility for leaks.
The Apogee GT water block is included in the retail package, and according to SwifTech, takes the cooling performance to"...yet another level...". The GT's primary difference with the Apogee, is an optimized internal structure. The improvement in thermal performance scales from a minimum of 1°C and up to 3°C (at 100W) depending on the CPU, with Intel's latest QX6700 quad core processors benefiting the most from the revised structure.
The retail package includes all the needed components in order for installation with the following sockets:
- Socket 478 (Intel® Pentium® 4),
- Socket 775 (Pentium® 4, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo ),
- Socket 603/604 (Intel® Xeon™ - 400 and 533 FSB)
- Socket 771 (Intel® Xeon™) - Optional AP-NC604 hardware pack is required.
- Socket 462 (AMD® Athlon®, Duron®, MP, XP)
- Socket 754, 939, 940 (AMD® 64 bit processors)
- Socket AM2 (AMD® 64 bit processors)
- Socket F (AMD®)
Three sets of Nylon hose barbs are included with the device: 1/4" (6mm), 3/8" (10mm) and 1/2" (12mm).
The mounting mechanism for Socket 775 is very simple. It includes a back plate and the required screws to get everything secured.
The exploded view gives a better understanding of the waterblock:
The full copper base is large enough to cover the entire CPU area and has great finish.