Headquartered in San Jose, California, Super Talent designs and manufactures DDR and DDR2 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. Counting 20 years of Memory Industry experience, Super Talent relies on technical research and its commitment to product development to deliver leading edge memory products to the market.
- Super Talent Vista Exelerator
Exelerator drives were designed expressly to elevate system performance in Windows Vista by functioning as a ReadyBoost drive. These innovative new Flash drives plug into a standard 9-pin USB header inside the chassis, on the motherboard, to function as a dedicated ReadyBoost drive.
With lightning fast 25MB per second read speeds, Exelerator drives are the perfect system upgrade to enhance the Vista experience. Exelerator drives are offered with either vertical or horizontal connectors to accommodate space constraints within different enclosures.
- Main features
- Capacities: 1~4GB
- 9-pin header plugs into standard USB port on motherboard
- Fully compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0
- Dual Channel Flash Memory Architecture
- Lightning fast 166X offers 25MB/sec Read speed
- Ideal as a dedicated internal ReadyBoost drive
- Can be used as a separate internal hard drive
- More than 10 years data retention
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 19mm x 46mm
- Retail package
SuperTalent provided us with the retail package of their Windows VISTA Exelerator 166X (2GB). The retail price is around ~US$35. The retail kit is small and includes only the memory module in a protective plastic shell.
Not much to discuss here, the module has a label showing the capacity. You only need a free 9-pin USB2.0 header on your motherboard to plug it in.
There is a LED on the top indicating read/write operations...