This will be probably the most interesting part. So what are the main differences between Nvidia 680i and 680i LT chipset? Apart from the price range, there are several differences as illustrated in the following table:
Looking at the table closely, we find that:
- Price: There is a $50 difference. This means the final board would be cheaper.
- Cooling system: the 680i uses heatpipe with optional fan, whereas the 680i LT uses active (fan) cooling.
- PCB colour: the 680i uses black colour, whereas the 680i LT uses green
- PCI-E: the 680i is equipped with a 3rd PCI-E x16 for physics whereas the 680i LT has only two (2).
- LAN: the 680i has two Gibabit Ethernet, whereas the 680i LT has only one (1)
- USB ports: the 680i has 10 ports vs 8 ports on the 680i LT
- On board devices: the 680i is more complete with LED POST codes and power/reset buttons/speaker
We believe that most users will be covered with what the EVGA680i LT has to offer.