Globalsat's BT-359S is the next generation design for BT GPS products. The new design from Globalsat is very good and very appealing visually. The device we tested was lighter than the BT-338.
In its performance and in comparison to the BT-338, the BT-359S was not that far behind, remembering that both are powered by the famous SiRF III chip. There are some differences as our tests showed, with the most obvious being the higher TTFF times. However, we believe that this and other areas will be improved before the device becomes available.
Overall, we were satisfied with Globalsat's BT-359S and its new design. The retail price is not yet known but should be at around the same range as the BT-338. With the fine tuning that has been promised, the BT-359S could soon become the next champion of the BT GPS arena.
- SiRF III chipset offers very good performance
- Supports BT v2.0
- Very small dimensions and low weight
- Attractive design
- Good retail package
- Car charger is included
- Supports WAAS/Egnos
- Include mini-USB port for charging it
- Device turns off after 10mins of inactivity
- Doesn't support any automatic power on mode
- High TTFF times
- Cannot connect external antenna (has built-in ceramic patch antenna though)