Polstar iGeo-Pro PBT-648- Page 3
Polstar Technologies recently entered the SiRF III chipset race with the introduction of the PBT-648 GPS device. As we expected, the performance was very good in all cases, matching that of the Globalsat BT-338. The device doesn't have any obvious weaknesses, but one shortcoming is that you cannot connect an external antenna.
The retail price of US$100.00, makes is comparable to the Globalsat BT-338. There are no major problems that we could see, so it is up to users to see which device best suits their needs.
- SiRF III chipset provides good performance
- Supports WAAS/Egnos
- Small dimensions
- Good retail package
- Car charger is included
- Device turns off after 10mins of inactivity
- Doesn't include mini-USB port for charging
- Doesn't include any testing software
- Doesn't support any automatic power on mode
- No external antenna connection