Polstar iGeo-Pro PBT-648 - Page 2
For our testing purposes, Polstar Technologies sent us the retail package that includes:
- the PBT-648 GPS receiver itself
- an AC power adaptor
- a cigarette lighter adaptor
- a Li-Ion battery
- and finally a printed user's Manual
The current price for the product is around US$100.00, as found around the net.
- Bluetooth Version 1.2
- Operation Range: 10 metres
- Profile: SPP
- SiRFstar III
- 20 channels
- WAAS/EGNOS enabled
- Position Deviation: 5 metres
- Cold/Warm/Hot start: 42/38/1 sec
- Battery type: Rechargeable Li-ion battery
The i-GeoPro GPS is about the same size as the Globalsat BT-338.
On the front of the device, there are two LED indicators, along with the i-Geo Pro logo, while on the right side there is another led showing GPS status and the on/off switch.
On the left side, you can see the DC jack used for charging the device.
Underneath, we see a sticker with the CE and FCC approval logos, place of manufacture, Polstar's web address, and usage and handling information:
The Li-Ion battery is rated at 1050mAh, 3.7V:
The external dimensions are 74x43x21mm. The 3 LEDs indicate the following status of the device :
- Red: GPS Status
- Blue: Bluetooth Status
- Battery: Green - Charging, Yellow - Low Power