The Soprano VB1000BWS is based on the Tsunami case, though the Soprano is a
little simpler. The Soprano has many features that make it unique, among them
the ability to lock the front door and the side panel.
Let's look all these features, one by one
- Piano Coating Front Door. The front panel door has a piano
style finish and is very impressive.
- Audio and Speaker. There are two audio ports at top of the
case (microphone and speakers), quite a handy inclusion.
- Rear Exhaust Fan. A 12 cm cooling fan is installed in the
- Front Fan. A 12 cm cooling fan is installed in the front
of the case.
- Side Panel Fan. A 9 cm cooling fan is installed on the transparent
- USB 2.0. Dual USB 2.0 ports at the top of the case, next
to the Audio ports.
- IEEE 1394. The IEEE 1394 firewire slot is also at the top
of the case, next to the USB 2.0 ports.
Apart from these basic features, the Soprano also offers:
- A Transparent X side panel, enabling a clear view of the
interior. The panel locks.
- Tool Free Installation when installing 5.25" & 3.5" devices,
with plastic holdings and a patented sliding rail design reducing installation
time to a minimum.
- Thumb-screws are used for convenience when opening the Side
- EMI Protection spring which applies pressure to the side
panel for perfect fit.
- Screwless slots, for easy installation of PCI peripheral
- Front Door, 2 way open, with 3-way key lock.
- Dust Filter, which is behind the second front door.
- Midi tower.
Quite a handful of features, but what about the case itself? Moving
on to the next page, we will see a more detailed view of the case exterior and