- Processor: AMD64 3500+ NewCastle (939 socket)
- Case: Antec 1080AMG
- Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
- Memory: 2x512MB Corsair XMS TWINX1024-3200XL Memory
- Hard Disk Drive: WD800JD 80GB 7200RPM
- DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A08XLA
- Power Supply: EzCool 550Watt
- OS: Microsoft WindowsXP Pro SP2
- DirectX: v9.0c
Codecreatures Benchmark Pro
Ground Control II
Colin McRae '05
It should be pointed out that we also ran some tests with an AMD 3800+ to see the differences in performance. From 11,062 3DMarks, we got 10,498 3DMarks with the 3500+ CPU.
Using an AMD3800+
Using an AMD3500+
For comparison reasons, we will be posting the results of the two AOpen Aeolus 7800GTX-SLIs along with the AOpen Aeolus 6800 Ultra, the ASUS N7800 GTX TOP and Sapphire X850XT graphics cards. All cards are considered Heavy Duty, sufficient for most 3D tasks.
We also tried the driver version 77.77 provided by AOpen, and the latest 78.01 drivers provided by nVidia. We observed no differences between these two drivers, so we decided to go with the 78.01 nVidia driver.