Thursday, September 08, 2005
NTI Shadow - Page 1
Recently, NTI (Newtech Infosystems) announced a new product called "Shadow v2.0". According to NTI, Shadow v2.0 is the next generation of backup software with clean GUI, user friendly and powerful at the same time. The product is available at both PC/MAC platforms. NTI kindly offered the full version so that we could test and evaluate their new backup proposal to home users and companies.
Just imagine having some files you cannot afford to loose, like your personal address book, your professional data, or even the photos you took during your holidays. NTI Shadow will safeguard you in the simplest imaginable way. It runs in the background, monitoring any valuable files, making backup files every time you change something or is on the look out for any changes, at all times, twenty-four hours a day...
- NTI Shadow Features
- Continuous Backup: Protect your data with the Shadow’s continuous backup. Your files are instantly mirrored to a backup location, and the entire process is executed automatically with no user input.
- Native Format: All backup data is kept in its native format. This way, restoring data does not require a time-consuming recovery process: just drag and drop files from backup to the original location.
- Scheduling: With the Shadow, you can customize your backup to show up when it is most convenient – schedule to back your data up instantly or at regular intervals.
- Support for Many Storage Devices: The Shadow supports writing to any storage device with drive letter access. This includes USB flash drives, external USB/FireWire hard drives, Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices, network drives, and many more.
- Smart USB Device Detection: The Shadow has smart USB device detection so the backup jobs which are configured with a removable storage device can only be executed when that unique device is detected on the system. When the device is disconnected, the backup job becomes disabled.
- File Filtering: The Shadow makes it easy to select exactly which data to back up through file filtering. File filtering allows users to include files by category (photo, video, audio, document, and so on).
- File Version Control: If you have ever overwritten a file or made a change you are having second thoughts about, then you will appreciate the version control feature in the Shadow. The Shadow can archive older versions of your backup data so that you can restore any of them from earlier times.