1. The package
OCZ's high-performance modules will support the latest games and top of the line multimedia programs with a 4GB capacity, combined with the high frequencies and aggressive bandwidth for maximum system stability. Rated at DDR2-800 with 4-4-3 timings, the new PC2-6400 ReaperX promise to provide exceptional latencies for the extreme enthusiast and gamer.
The ReaperX series provides enthusiasts leading-edge cooling technology, with each memory chip in direct contact with a thermo-conductive pipe that guides heat away and quickly dissipates it through the aluminum fin array.
Featuring an EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles) programmed SPD, PC2-6400 Reaper X modules will immediately boot at the rated specs on the latest generation of NVIDIA SLI chipsets. Although the OCZ Reaper X series caters to enthusiasts, EPP eliminates the need for manual configuration and makes the benefits of overclocking available to the complete range of consumers looking to get the most out of their systems.
As one of OCZ’s legendary Enhanced Bandwidth (EB) editions, the ReaperX 4GB kit increases effective memory bandwidth through the optimization of memory latencies between the system memory, the chipset, and memory controller, resulting in the ideal balance of speed and enhanced timings.
- Main features
- 800MHz DDR2
- EPP 4-4-3-15 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
- Available in 4GB (2x2048MB) Dual Channel Kits
- OCZ Lifetime Warranty
- 2.1 Volts
- 240 Pin DIMM
- Special Features
- ReaperX HPC Heatsink
- 2.2V EVP
- Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP)
- Part Numbers: 4GB (2x2048) D/C Kit PN - OCZ2RPX800EB4GK
* ReaperX HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) modules offload heat with extreme efficiency due to a new dual copper heat pipe design. Each memory chip is in direct contact with a thermo-conductive pipe that guides the performance robbing heat away from key memory components and quickly dissipates it through the aluminum fin array. The addition of the extended fin array nearly doubles the total surface area available for heat dissipation while the heat pipes warrant near isothermicity throughout the entire design. The result is a doubling in effective heat dissipation at equal delta t or, in real systems, a significantly lower operating temperature of the memory modules.
* 2.20V EVP
OCZ EVP (Extended Voltage Protection) is a feature that allows
performance enthusiasts to use a VDIMM of 2.20V without invalidating
their OCZ Lifetime Warranty.
- Retail package
OCZ provided us the retail package of 2x2GB memory modules (OCZ2RPX800EB4GK). The retail price of the kit is around $140, depending your location and currency. The memory modules come packaged in a plastic shell.
On the modules you can see a small logo with the part
number and an indication of the memory's ratings at 800MHz. The rating of 4-4-3-15 at 800MHz, when paired with an Nvidia 680/780i chipset are very convenient, especially with voltages going up to 2.2.V, without losing the warranty.
black aluminium heatsinks on the outside are designed to dissipate the
heat from the surface of the memory module. The finish is matte black and you will also find a black aluminum plate which covers both sides of the chips and the PCB. The heat adsorbed by the shields travels through two copper heat pipes which are not rounded but flat. The heat is then dissipated via several thin aluminum fins. In theory that should work very efficiently and it could give us more room for overclocking.
CPU-Z v1.44 provides more
information about the memory. The OCZ2RPX800EB4GK has
embedded standard JEDEC timings for 333&400 frequencies,
which are rather high. With a motherboard that supports EPP profiles (nvidia based), you will get automatically tighter and better timings of 4-4-3-15-2T@2.0V.
For this test we used an Asus motherboard with Intel's X38 chipset and the latest available BIOS v1004. For our benchmarks and stability tests, we used Memtest86+ v2.01, Everest Ultimate Editiona and Sisoft Sandra.