Several new models presented in the World PC Expo 2001 held in Japanů
- Plextor announced a new CD-R(!) drive with SCSI-2(!) interface called "PLEXMASTER-01". The new model is aimed for the professionals (such as recording studios and record companies). The drive has black colour and supposed to offer increased writing quality than the normal CD-RW drives we use everyday. It supports: 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x writing. The supported writing formats are: CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-i, Audio formats. The drive will come out at October (worldwide sold possibly?) at the price of $430-520(!).
- Teac presented a new USB 2.0 8/8/24 CD-RW drive that plans to replace the already tested from our website CD-RW280PU. The new model would be named "CD-RW282PU" with a different design and look - tray now opens from the top :-). The most interesting was the announce of the "CD-RW524EB"
CD-RW that supports 24x writing, 10x re-writing and 40x reading. The drive is expected to hit the market at the end of November. No other details announced but we are sure that many people waiting for this drive to arrive ;-)
- SamSung had many models in their booth:
* SW-224 (24x/10x/40)
* SM-316 (16/10/40 and 12x DVD)
* MR-A02B (1x DVD-RW, 6x DVD-ROM, 2x DVD-RAM (writing), 1x DVD-RAM (reading) and 24x CD (reading)
* SW-232 (32/10/40)
* SM-324 (24/10/40 and 16x DVD)
* SN-316 (16/10/24 and 8x DVD) - slim line
Hmm..32x writing speed from SamSung? Why not! Also that 24/10/40 and 16x DVD seems like a killer combo drive.
- ASUS had the CRW-2410CS (based upon SANYO CRD-BP1500P), CRW-1610CA (based upon MITSUMI CR-4808), CRW-1210CR (based upon Ricoh MP7125A) and CRW-2010CA (based upon Ricoh MP9200A).