Turn off the Ad Banner  

To print: Select File and then Print from your browser's menu.

    -----------------------------------------------
This story was printed from CdrInfo.com,
located at http://www.cdrinfo.com.
-----------------------------------------------

Appeared on: Thursday, December 05, 2013
FCC Clears Verizon Purchase of Vodafone Stake

The Federal Communications Commission approved the transfer of control to Verizon Communications of Vodafone Group PLC's stake in Verizon Wireless.

Earlier this year, the FTC modified the policies and procedures applied to the review of transactions involving foreign ownership of U.S. wireless networks in order to encourage investment while reducing delay, uncertainty and expense. The rules became effective in August.

In the planned transaction, Verizon, currently the controlling, 55% parent of Verizon Wireless, will acquire, for approximately $130 billion, Vodafone's U.S. group with the principal asset of the remaining non-controlling 45% interest currently held by Vodafone in Verizon Wireless. As part of the transaction, Verizon will distribute Verizon stock to Vodafone's shareholders.

The actions by the FCC's International Bureau, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, and Office of Engineering and Technology came just over one month after the public comment period closed on the Verizon petition.




Home | News | All News | Reviews | Articles | Guides | Download | Expert Area | Forum | Site Info
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ - CDRINFO.COM 1998-2014 - All rights reserved -
Privacy policy - Contact Us .