Dell today unveiled the newest additions to its line of commercial PCs: the Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks, Latitude 5000 Series and Latitude 3000 Series laptops.
With this new suite, Dell balances design, quality construction and durability to offer businesses of all sizes a wide variety of solutions. The Latitude 7000, 5000, and 3000 Series are available with touch display options.
The Latitude 12 and 14 7000 Series feature Dell Data Protection solutions, encryption with Dell Data Protection Encryption and advanced authentication and malware prevention with Dell Data Protection| Protected Workspace. Dell offers the manageable commercial PCs with exclusive Intel vPro extensions for remote BIOS management and hard drive wipe, even when systems are powered off, paired with Dell automated tools and utilities for easily deploying, monitoring and updating systems.
Each Latitude Ultrabook and laptop are crafted using brushed aluminum, reinforced magnesium alloy, strong steel hinges, woven carbon fiber, durable powder-coated underside, spill-resistant keyboards and LCD seals. Additionally, all Dell touch-enabled displays feature touch sensitivity and brightness. The Latitude 7000, 5000 and 3000 Series touch displays offer Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for up to 10 times higher scratch resistance compared to soda lime glass which is the predominant material used in laptop screens throughout the industry. Latitude laptops also come armed with StrikeZone shock absorbers, Fast Response Free-Fall sensors and rubber hard drive isolation.
The Latitude 7000 Series is powered by Intel ultra-low voltage processors.
The Ultrabooks are:
- Made to move, with the 12-inch model starting at just 20 millimeters thin and 1.3kilograms (2.99 pounds)
- Easy for IT to manage with integrated management capabilities including Dell Intel vPro extensions and automated tools that plug into Microsoft System Center and Dell KACE
- Secure Ultrabooks with endpoint security solutions that include encryption, advanced authentication and malware protection from a single source, and featuring the highest level of FIPS 140-2 (level 3) certification for system disk encryption
- Designed for reliability, passing rigorous third-party durability testing and crafted with premium materials such as aluminum, a Tri-metal chassis and Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness
- Designed to be backwards compatible with existing Latitude E-family docks
- Available with WiGig wireless docking, making Dell Ultrabooks the first that let you connect your display and other peripherals without messy cords
Complementing the Dell Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks are the new Latitude 5000 and 3000 Series laptops, coming with 14.1-inch or 15.6-inch display options and other features, such as:
- Mobile productivity with up to Intel Core i7 ultra low voltage processors for extended battery life, a discrete graphics option for more processing power and SSD or Performance Solid State Hybrid Drive options
- Corning Gorilla Glass NBT on the touch displays for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness
- Mobile broadband, Bluetooth and Wireless LAN options for mobility and connectivity virtually anywhere, and an HD webcam and microphone array
- Compatible with Latitude E-family docking designed to connect with Dell monitors, wireless keyboard and mouse
The Latitude 3000 Series is Dell's newest line of entry-level commercial laptops for education and small business customers. The Latitude 14 and 15 3000 Series laptops offer:
- Durable chassis that have undergone Highly Accelerated Life Testing, including hinge testing, keyboards and shocks
- 4th Generation Intel Core processors with Turbo Mode for fast data processing
- Business class discrete graphics with up to 2 GB video memory
- Thin (21 to 25 mm) and light (starting at 4.3lbs / 2.0kg) design
- Choice of 14-inch and 15.6-inch Anti-Glare LCD for comfortable visualization and optional touch displays
- Integrated microphone and HD Webcam for remote collaboration and interaction
The Dell Latitude 7000 Series begins at $1,049 USD and is available worldwide today with touch-enabled systems available September 12, 2013. The Latitude 3000 Series begins at $599 USD and is also available on September 12, 2013. The Latitude 5000 Series will be available in October 2013.