The upcoming Windows Phone 8 GDR2 brings updates to Xbox Music, FM Radio to Windows Phone devices, Data Sense app as well as other improvements.
Microsoft periodically releases updates for Windows Phone 8 to add new features. Updates to Windows Phone 8 are cumulative - so when you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates . Only updates that apply to your phone will be downloaded and installed.
Update 8.0.10327.77 or 8.0.10328.78:
- Xbox Music. It's now easier to select, download, and pin music. Plus, music fans will see more accurate metadata (such as song and album information) and many other performance improvements.
- FM radio. Listen to FM radio right from the Music+Videos hub. (Not available for all phones.)
- Data Sense. Stay on top of your phone's data usage with Data Sense. You can set a limit based on your data plan, or just keep track of which apps use the most data. (Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense.)
- Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype now feature improved stability and performance.
- Internet Explorer. Adds improved HTML 5 compatibility.
- Camera. Set your favorite Lens so it opens automatically when you press the camera button. (Not available for all phones.)
- Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
The WP8 GDR3 update will further introduce the platform to some new features such as support for 1080p displays and quad-core processors.