Windows Server 2012 Essentials has reached the release to manufacturing (RTM) milestone, and will be generally available in all channels on November 1.
A trial copy of Windows Server 2012 Essentials is available for download
at the Evaluation Center today and if you're an MSDN or TechNet subscriber, you can download Essentials from those sites as well.
Highlights of the new software include:
- Enable a dynamic, modern work style with access from your devices by using Remote Web Access (RWA), and take advantage of Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 devices with "My Server" apps.
- Data is protected by complementing your on-site backups with Windows Azure Online Backup, as well as utilizing integrated support for the new Windows 8 File History feature.
- Choose the email and collaboration option that's right for you, whether that's in the cloud with Office 365 or a hosted service provider, or running on a local server.
- Respond to increasing data capacity needs with support for Storage Spaces, which allows you to create elastic, resilient storage for your files and folders.
- Run the line-of-business applications that you depend on by leveraging improved application compatibility, now with a single logo certification for all Windows Server 2012 editions.
- Updated to Windows Server 2012 Standard
- Full support for 19 languages, all releasing simultaneously.
You can find more information on the Windows Server 2012 Essentials product page
, and discover deeper technical information on the Windows Server 2012 Essentials TechCenter