LSI today announced enhanced features for its SandForce SF-2200/2100 Client Flash Storage Processors (FSPs) specifically designed to satisfy the power consumption requirements of Ultrabooks.
LSI Flash Storage Processors are the intelligence that manages flash memory in solid state drives (SSDs) and delivers the performance and power efficiency benefits needed for the Ultrabook market segment. The new LSI SandForce power management optimizations enable SSD manufacturers to develop drives that extend battery life and reduce system resume times.
With the improved features, LSI SandForce SF-2141, SF-2241 and SF-2281 FSPs offer the following benefits for Ultrabooks:
- Consume less power, providing as much as one hour longer battery life
- Enable faster system boot and wake times
- Meet the low Z-height product requirement of Ultrabooks
- Support SATA 6 Gb/s host connectivity
- Address 24 GBs to 512 GBs of NAND flash memory
- Provide support for virtually all MLC flash product families