The latest NVIDIA GeForce R300 drivers have been released
and bring many of the features Nvidia launched with its GeForce GTX 680 GPU.
The R300 drivers also boost performance in several top games. Nvidia e recorded increases as high as 23 percent in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
All GeForce 8-series and later GPUs running on Windows 7 or Windows Vista can now take advantage of the benefits of NVIDIA FXAA, NVIDIA Adaptive VSync, and NVIDIA Frame Rate Target. In addition, all NVIDIA Surround-capable GPUs now support the new NVIDIA Surround features, like a fourth accessory display.
The GeForce R300 drivers are available for download today as a beta release.
Notebook users can upgrade to the equivalent Verde R300 drivers, also available for download for on GeForce.com.
- Boosts performance in several top PC games by up to 23 percent with a single GPU (tested on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) and by up to 23 percent with SLI (tested on Just Cause 2), when compared with the R295 drivers.
- Adds NVIDIA FXAA technology to the NVIDIA Control Panel, enabling fast anti-aliasing (up to 60 percent faster than MSAA).
- Enables NVIDIA Adaptive VSync, which provides a smoother gaming experience by dynamically enabling and disabling vertical sync based on your current frame rate.
- Enables NVIDIA Frame Rate Target in third-party applications, like EVGA Precision X, for automatic and dynamic adjustment of frame rate to a user-specified target.
- Introduces several new NVIDIA Surround capabilities:
Add a fourth accessory display for access to email, web, or other applications while you game.
Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode.
Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display.
Enable bezel peeking to temporarily peek behind the monitor bezels when using bezel-corrected resolutions.
Add or remove resolution settings from the list of Surround resolutions.
Full center display acceleration for single-wide display modes.
- Adds or updates NVIDIA SLI support for numerous new games such as Alan Wake (previously enabled via NVIDIA Update in R295 drivers), Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Risen 2: Dark Waters and more.
- Adds or updates NVIDIA 3D Vision support for several new games such as Oil Rush (rated 3D Vision Ready), Rayman Origins (rated Good), and Wargame: European Escalation (rated Good).
For more details read the GeForce R300 article