Pioneer today announced that its DDJ-ERGO DJ controller for home DJs can now control algoriddim?s djay 4 software (version 4.0.3) for Mac OS, bringing professional-style control of iTunes music libraries to the platform.
The native integration of the DDJ-ERGO with djay enables direct access to all key features via dedicated controls, mirroring djay's graphical user interface.
The djay 4 for Mac software has an efficient visual interface that pros and beginners alike can appreciate for its ease of use, while delivering forward-thinking features. Its Harmonic Match feature is a perfect example of djay's integration with the Mac Platform, utilizing the built-in iTunes browsing interface. The software automatically registers the key of each playing song and matches it to songs of the same key in the user's iTunes library. For users of djay for iPad?or iPhone, the software automatically syncs cue points and other metadata created over-the-air via Apple's iCloud service, making them readily available when performing live.
DDJ-ERGO Features Include:
- Pulse Control - The integrated Pulse Control of the DDJ-ERGO provides users with visual prompts via various types of illuminations on its buttons and platters. The controller utilizes a new "Pure Platter" jog wheel that helps guide the user during performance with the movement of lights in accordance with the pitch, beat, and effects of the music as well as when a song is being loaded.
- Laptop Dock Design - Like Pioneer's other DDJ controllers, the DDJ-ERGO is designed to accommodate the placement of a laptop computer below the unit to help save room and bring the screen closer to the user. The controller also features removable legs, enabling it be used in angled or horizontal positions.
- Matching Hardware Layout - The algoriddim djay 4 is designed to work intuitively with the DDJ-ERGO's two players and two-channel mixer setup. The controller offers a user-friendly layout and features HOT CUE, samplers and effects.
- User Interface - The DDJ-ERGO enables users to slide the keypads of their laptops under the controller for easy viewing of the GUI displayed on the computer screen. The new djay software features key detection and matching (Harmonic Match), beat detection and matching (BPM Sync) and visual waveforms to make DJ performance fun and easy.
- USB Power - The DDJ-ERGO utilizes power from USB connections found on a Mac, eliminating the need for an external power supply and allowing for quick play of the djay software.
- Additional Features - The combined controller and djay software are fully optimized and designed for OS X and feature MIDI Learn and support multi-touch control.
The DDJ-ERGO controller is available now at a suggested retail price of $699.
Algoriddim's djay 4 software (version 4.0.3) for Mac for the DDJ-ERGO is now in the Mac App Store for $19.99.
The DDJ-ERGO firmware must be updated to the latest version before use with the djay 4 software for Mac. The latest DDJ-ERGO firmware (version 1.10) can be downloaded afor free at Pioneer