Dell has just released the Alienware X51, the company's its smallest gaming desktop.
The X51 is designed to deliver a 1080p high definition and 3D gaming experience of today's top-tier game titles while the new, smaller chassis design offers the flexibility to turn nearly any living space.
Alienware X51 features 2nd generation Intel Core i processors, NVIDIA GeForce GT or optional GTX class graphics cards, Wireless-N technology, HDMI 1.4, two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio and GDDR5 graphics memory. At its entry-level configuration with a Core i3 processor, 4GB memory , 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 graphics, and a 1TB 7,200rpm hard drive, the raw power of the X51 yields an average 34 frames per second in Battlefield 3 at high settings and a resolution of 1080pv, starting at $699.
The gaming desktop's design with an quiet dual orientation chassis allows for a horizontal or vertical set-up.
All Alienware laptops and desktops come with Alienware Command Center, which provides access to applications and controls, including AlienFX lighting effects and the AlienFusion power management system. AlienAdrenaline, a new module for the Alienware X51, enables gamers to create unique profiles that launch a series of customizable events when activated, such as opening specific programs, changing AlienFX themes, opening key web links and more. Updates and new releases download directly into Command Center.
- Intel Core i3 Dual Core (standard) and Intel Core i5 and i7 Quad Core Processor Options
- Intel H61 Express Chipset Architecture
- Mini-ITX Motherboard
NVIDIA Graphics Card Options
- 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 (Standard)
- 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
- Configure with up to 8GB of DDR3 Memory (4GB Standard); 2x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots
- 7,200RPM 1TB Hard Drive
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
- Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (Standard) or optional Blu-ray Disc Reader
- Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio with Waves MAXX Audio Software
- Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC and Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN (standard)
- USB 2.0 (6x); USB 3.0 (2x); Microphone In; Headphone/Speaker Out; HDMI 1.4 Output; RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet; Front, Rear and Center Speaker Ports; SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK); SPDIF Digital Output (Coax)
- Alienware 240 Watt Power Supply (Standard) or optional 330 Watt Power Supply
- Dual-orientation tower system dimensions: h: 13.5" (343mm) x w: 3.74" (95mm) x d: 12.52" (318mm)
- Starting Weight: 12.1 lbs. (5.49 Kg.)
Alienware X51 is available now on Dell.com and Alienware.com with a starting price of $699.