CyberLink's new PowerDirector video editing software has been designed with a variety of new features that enhance the movie making process, it is faster and includes new editing tools in addition to a comprehensive 3D editing suite.
Several new features include a choice of 3 different editing modes,
enhancements to a flexible 100-track timeline, automated beat detection,
integration of pro-quality plug-ins, animated painting tools, time lapse
controls, and free-form picture-in-picture video cropping tools.
PowerDirector 10 also includes a set of powerful 3D video editing tools that
enable users to import, edit and produce 3D material. Users can transform
their 2D videos into 3D productions in a few simple steps.
Additionally, CyberLink's video rendering engine has been enhanced to
provide faster and even more efficient video production, regardless of
format and resolution. Cyberlink's TrueVelocity 2 solution improves the
quality of the editing process by harnessing system GPU power, via OpenCL,
to deliver a 6-fold speed increase in the rendering of effects.
PowerDirector 10 also includes a new H.264 media encoder designed to process
Other new features include:
- OpenCL Hardware Acceleration Support - PowerDirector harnesses the power
of the system's GPU and applies it to 48 video effects to greatly improve
the speed of the editing process.
- Intelligent & Fast Video Rendering - CyberLink's patented SVRT technology
automatically analyzes the types of media and formats used in a project to
select an output profile for optimal rendering speed.
- Pro-Quality Editing - Users can professionally edit video and audio tracks
using a wide variety of tools, transitions and effects all on
PowerDirector's 100 track timeline.
- Perfectly Timed Editing- Beat Marker provides an extra level of precision
by analyzing a soundtrack and placing markers at major beat points so users
know exactly where to position transitions and effects.
Control lets users edit all of their effects in a single setting, to achieve
- Professional Effect Plug-ins - PowerDirector 10 now supports professional
third-party plug-ins from NewBlue FX, adding a wider variety of effects and
transitions to the toolkit.
- Paint Tools- Users can now take advantage of new paint tools that allow
them to record free-hand drawings and integrate them into a video
- Time Lapse Video Tool - For users looking to speed up or stretch out video
and slideshow images to tell a compelling story, they can now easily do it
in the timeline using PowerDirector?s new intuitive tool.
- Multi-Mode Program Launcher - A new start-up screen designed to aid in the
creation of videos and slide shows, making it easier to get a project
- Movies in Minutes - For users new to PowerDirector or video editing, or
just those who need great looking videos in a hurry, a set of Magic tools
turn video and photo content into polished movies with only a few
- Audio Normalizer- Users can now normalize all audio files on a timeline
track, for a smooth, professional sounding production.
- Support for Native 3D Videos and Photos - From all popular
- Conversion of 2D Content into 3D - Leveraging PowerDirector?s TrueTheater
- Expansive Editing Support - 3D titles, 3D particles, 3D effects and 3D
- Broad 3D Format Output & Disc Burning - Burn to industry standard 3D
Blu-ray, 3D AVCHD or 3D DVD discs and watch it on 3DTV, or output to
side-by-side video or MVC files and then transfer to 3D smart phones and
CyberLink boasts the DirectorZone community of video editing enthusiasts,
which currently has more than two million members. Users have free access to
more than 200,000 effects, titles, menus and tutorials, which can easily be
imported into their PowerDirector projects. Customers share tips and tricks,
best practices and original effects and templates.
PowerDirector 10 is available today and can be downloaded from the CyberLink
online store or purchased at a variety of retail outlets including Office
Depot, Tiger Direct and Fry's. PowerDirector is available in the following
languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified
and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, and Dutch. CyberLink offers OEM versions
to PC and CE manufacturing customers. A free trial download is also
available from the CyberLink website.
CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Versions
PowerDirector 10 Ultra: US $99.95
PowerDirector 10 Deluxe: US $69.95
Upgrades for previous PowerDirector versions are available starting at US