Pioneer today introduced three types of reference quality audio cables , an ultra-compact controller, the DDJ-ERGO and a new glossy white version of its S-DJ05 active reference DJ speakers.
Starting with the S-DJO5-W DJ speakers, they offer the same sound quality and operability of the original model, plus more features:
- The new glossy white S-DJ05-W (and light silver controller) provides a modern and elegant look.
- The compact speakers cover a larger than normal listening area due to the use of a curved waveguide enclosure that directs the soft-dome tweeter?s sound in a wider pattern for better imaging and staging. This means more listeners across a larger area of a room can hear the higher frequencies than with traditional designs. Additionally, the Bass Reflex enclosure extends the lower frequency range to provide more mid-bass and bass output. The speakers are also equipped with a low resonance chimney-style heat sink and a bi-amp circuit that drive the tweeter and woofer separately.
- Handheld Control - The included handheld control accessory allows users to simultaneously operate the volume, power and four swit chable input channels of both speakers. The dial style control knob also engages the equalizer and muting of both speakers.
- Sound Adjustments - The S-DJ05-W is equipped with a linear EQ function that allows non-step adjustment of frequency characteristics in the high and low frequency bands from -6dB to +6dB.
- Input Switching Functionality - The S-DJ05-W is equipped with four types of inputs (XLR, TRS and two sets of RCA) that let users connect and switch inputs between various devices simultaneously, such as a computer, DJ equipment, portable device, etc. The various inputs eliminate the need to change cable connections so the speakers can be utilized with a broad variety of sources.
- The bottom surface is equipped with screw holes for installing commercially available metal fixtures that can be used for setting the speakers on stands.
- The speakers also feature an environmentally-friendly Auto Standby mode that automatically detects input signals and switches the standby mode when input is not detected within 60 minutes.
The S-DJ05-W speakers are available in December 2011 with a suggested retail price of $899.
Pioneer's new audio cables that includes the DAS-RCA-020R RCA analog, DAS-DGC-020R RCA digital coaxial and DAS-XLR-030R XLR.
The Pioneer cables feature high quality materials and an advanced construction process that significantly suppresses noise and obtains a high S/N (signal-to-noise) ratio.
- High Purity Copper - Each analog RCA cable is constructed using 6N-Cu (99.9999%) high-grade copper to establish the best connection with the least amount of resistance.
- 4-Core Twisted Wire - The XLR cables use a 4-Core twisted wire for balanced audio transmission.
- Braided Copper Shielding - Each cable uses braided copper shielding to resist any electrical and/or static noise from entering through the cables.
- Cable Construction - The cables also feature high pliability construction and neoprene rubber to keep the shielding in place for maximum suppression of noise. Netting is used around each cable for extra protection against damage to the outer insulator.
- Collet Chuck RCA Plugs - To ensure proper connection and prevent accidental disconnection, the RCA cables utilize Collet chuck plugs to tighten and lock them in place.
- Neutrik XLR Plugs - Used in the professional entertainment industry, Neutrik plugs are featured in the XLR cables for their durability and reliability.
- Black Nickel Plating - All plug covers have been coated with black nickel plating that is highly rigid and resistant to damage.
The DAS-RCA-020R RCA analog (pair) will be available in November with a suggested retail price of $259. The DAS-DGC-020R digital coaxial will be available in November with a suggested retail price of $179. The DAS-XLR-030R XLR (pair) will be available in November with a suggested price of $299.
Pioneer's new compact controller, the DDJ-ERGO, is bundled with the Virtual DJ Limited Edition software by Atomix Productions. It also incorporates MIDI functionality, making it possible to be used with other MIDI compatible DJ software.
The controller is designed using contoured edges with black, white and gradient colors and a large 115 mm platter for increased operability. The system also features "Pulse Control" that illuminates various areas of the controller to assist in the mixing process.
- Pulse Control - The integrated Pulse Control of the DDJ-ERGO provides users with visual prompts via various types of illuminations on its buttons and platters. The controller utilizes a new "Pure Platter" jog wheel that helps guide the user during performance with the movement of lights in accordance with the pitch, beat, and effects of the music as well as when a song is being loaded.
- Mix Pulse - The mix pulse mode shows the difference in pitch of songs currently playing through the light of the jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights increases beat matching skills.
- Beat Pulse - The embedded LEDs in the channel faders illuminate along with the beat of the current song playing. The illumination intensifies and weakens based on the output sound level.
- Launch Pulse - Triggers a red light to illuminate on the jog wheel to signify a press of the track load button.
- FX Pulse - The effect being applied to the currently playing song will be represented not only audibly but also via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
- Laptop Dock Design - Like Pioneer's other DDJ controllers, the DDJ-ERGO is designed to accommodate the placement of a laptop computer below the unit to help save room and bring the screen closer to the user. The controller also features removable legs, enabling it be used in angled or horizontal positions.
- DJ Software - The DDJ-ERGO includes a copy of the "Virtual DJ Limited Edition" software by Atomix Productions that offers a broad range of functions for mixing songs, such as making loops, adding effects and creating samples, as well as the ability to mix up to 4-channels and even perform video playback.
- MIDI Compatibility - The DDJ-ERGO is compatible with Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI), allowing up to four-deck control and use of the controller?s dedicated sampler button. The unit is also compatible with various MIDI compatible DJ software such as Native Instruments' TRAKTOR (not included).
- USB Power - The DDJ-ERGO utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- High Quality Audio - The unit employs the same audio technology used in Pioneer's professional DJ mixers for clear, powerful audio output.
- Employs a P-LOCK Fader Cap locking mechanism to prevent the channel fader knobs and crossfader knob from slipping.
- Built-in audio interface for high quality sound input and output.
The DDJ-ERGO will be available in November 2011 with a suggested retail price of $699.