Samsung Mobile announced the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi software update including Samsung?s TouchWi UX user interface, Adobe Flash Player 10.3 and the redesigned Samsung Media Hub service, will begin rolling out over the air to all Galaxy Tab 10.1 owners beginning Friday, August 5.
The Galaxy Tab 10.1 software update is scheduled to include the following features and services:
Samsung TouchWiz User Interface
The Samsung TouchWiz UX is specifically designed to work with Android Honeycomb 3.1. The interface delivers multi-tasking and customization for an enhanced visual mobile computing experience.
TouchWiz UX features are scheduled to include:
- Live Panel: Magazine-like widget view for immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, photo gallery, all on the home screen. The visual layout of Live Panel is completely customizable for one-touch entry into each user's most important information.
- Mini Mode Tray: One-touch access to commonly used applications - Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator, Music - which overlay in a pop-up window on display screen for multi-tasking.
- Clipboard: Copy & paste functionality allows Galaxy Tab 10.1 users to store photos, Web pages, YouTube links, etc., on the clipboard for easy sharing via email and social network sites.
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off Wi-Fi, notifications, sound, brightness and settings in lower right hand corner of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 display.
- Photo Editor: Rotate, crop and adjust colors on high quality digital images
Samsung Media Hub
The Galaxy Tab 10.1 software update will introduce Samsung's movie and next day TV content service, known as Media Hub. Media Hub has been redesigned with a new user interface and optimized video content for the 10.1" display. Media Hub features new release and top-grossing titles from major Hollywood studios and leading television networks, including NBC Universal, Paramount, MTV, Warner Bros. , CBS and FOX. The new version also features Media Hub Show, which allows the user to playback Media Hub content on a TV through an HDMI cable from the Galaxy Tab 10.1 dock or adaptor. Users can register up to five devices under one account to access owned content across multiple devices without repurchase. Alternate premium video options include Android Movies, which is available to download from the Android Market.
The software upgrade will also include Samsung?s Social Hub service, which aggregates email, instant messaging, contacts, calendar and social network connections.
The Galaxy Tab 10.1 software update includes preloaded applications, scheduled to include:
- Amazon Music Cloud Player: Upload your music in the cloud and access it from any device
- Amazon Kindle: Get access to about a million Kindle books
- Words with Friends: Face off against friends near and far with one of the most popular social games from Zynga
Enterprise Solutions and Services
- Full support for Exchange ActiveSync version 14
- On device encryption
- Cisco VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Sybase MDM (Mobile Device Management)
- Cisco WebEx mobile conference solution for meetings on the go
Samsung Kies 2.0<
Galaxy Tab 10.1 users will also gain greater file sharing capabilities through Samsung Kies 2.0 with support for both PC and Macs. Samsung Kies 2.0 includes the following user benefits:
- Better device management: PIMS and multimedia data sync, firmware upgrades with file backup and wireless connectivity via WiFi and Bluetooth
- Powerful multimedia support: Integrated library for storing mass data and complex content files
- Faster performance: quick and seamless installation of Samsung Kies 2.0 delivers immediate access to file transfer process
This tablet-optimized typing application includes features such as ability to re-size the keyboard, move the virtual keyboard anywhere on the screen and of course, type faster by swyping.
Print documents and pictures wirelessly from the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to any compatible printer.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi Software Update Assistance
In order to receive the update, users need to set up a Samsung account on their Galaxy Tab 10.1 by logging onto the following URL:
Once registered, customers will be notified when the update is available for their device and will be prompted to follow directions to complete the process.
For help with receiving and adding the latest software updates to Samsung mobile devices, users should check out the step-by-step instructions at http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=2076&PROD_ID=0&AT_ID=375497
or visit Samsung Support at http://www.samsung.com/us/support