Samsung today launched GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and a fresh addition to its smart player portfolio, the GALAXY S WiFi 5.0.
Each featuring 4" and 5" screen-sizes and delivering the application experiences as the original GALAXY S, the two versions are powered by 1GHz processor and the Android 2.2 "Froyo" OS, with a possibility to upgrade to 2.3 Gingerbread. Samsung will release the the GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 first in Russia and gradually in other countries. The GALAXY S WiFi 5.0 will be first available in Switzerland.
Key Features of the GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 include:
- Clear display and video / images enhanced by Samsung's latest mDNIe image engine technology.
- The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 feature the Froyo operating system, with a possibility to upgrade to 2.3 Gingerbread.
- Access to apps available on Android Market, integrated GPS support.
- Google Mobile Services: Services such as Gmail, Google Talk, YouTube, voice recognition technology to search.
- Samsung Social Hub: Post messages and pictures on Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter using Samsung?s Social Hub.
- VoIP Voice & Video Calls: The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 utilize cost-effective video and voice communications services. The Qik application allows video chat which can be shared over social network services.
- HD Video & Images: The Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 support DivX HD, MPEG4, H264, DivX, XviD, WMV codecs.
- Audio: The "Smart Player" and SoundAlive technology provides high sound quality, with deeper bass.
- Packed with 8/16 GB memory, plus mircoSD slot