SANYO today announced the release of new AA- and AAA-size "eneloop" rechargeable batteries with approximately 500 more charges than previous eneloop batteries.
The batteries are charged and ready to use and will maintain
approximately 75% of their charge up to three years, according to the
company. The new eneloop 1500-cycle batteries are available
immediately at Costco Stores in the U.S.. The combo-pack containing
the 4-position charger, eight (8) AA batteries and four (4) AAA
batteries sells for $25.99 at Costco.
The eneloop batteries in the Costco combo-pack come in two shades of
blue and two shades of green.
eneloop batteries were first announced about five years ago. During
that time eneloop has become well known around the world, for its
eco-friendly and economical properties. These batteries are
pre-charged at the factory using solar energy, which begins the energy
"looping" (eneloop) process.
* Rechargeable battery, rechargeable approximately 1,500 Times,
realized by upgrades of material, manufacturing method, and
* Charged eneloop will still be ready to use even after 3 years,
thanks to SANYO's self-discharge control technology
* Solar energy used for factory pre-charging, Realizing a Clean
* Stable discharge voltage ensures longer lasting power than a dry
cell battery even in low temperatures or when using it with a device
that requires a large amount of electricity, such as a digital
* Can be recharged without worrying about memory effect.