Toshiba has begun distribution of its recently announced media tablet FOLIO 100
The Android-based device offers multimedia features and gives access to a selection of apps and download services via Toshiba Market Place.
The device has a 25.7cm (10.1') display and support of Adobe Flash 10.1. A plug-in to allow playback of Flash videos will be available for download free of charge as of mid-November 2010 via Toshiba Market Place.
To support software developers, Toshiba offers access to a platform (www.toshibatouch.eu) that is especially dedicated to their needs. They will find tools and get professional support for developing new apps which are optimised for FOLIO 100 and Toshiba's Internet companion AC100. Apps can be uploaded and will be added to the Market Place portfolio as soon as they get approval to be used on FOLIO 100 and AC100. An attractive revenue share model allows developers to participate with up to 70 per cent of the revenue of their app.
Music Place, powered by 7Digital, offers an easy to use client that gives access to one of the widest catalogues of music. Users can either download purchased tracks and file it on the FOLIO 100 or store it on a personal cloud storage area and then sync their connected devices via internet.
Facts & Figures
· CPU: Nvidia Tegra 2
· 25.7cm (10.1") multi-touch display with 1,024 x 600 pixels
· Graphical interface that runs on top of Android 2.2 (Froyo)
· On-board storage capacity: 16 GB
· Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Mobile Broadband (soon available in certain models and countries)
· DLNA compatible
· 1 x mini HDMI, 1 x USB 2.0 (client and hub), SD/MMC Card Reader
· Supports Adobe Flash 10.1. Software download available as of mid November 2010
· Rotation of displayed content on the screen by accelerometer
· Webcam with 1.3 MPixel
· Battery life: 7 hours (65% web browsing, 10% video playback, 25% standby)
· Weight: 760g
· Size: 281mm x 181mm x 14mm
· Pre-installed software (excerpt): Toshiba Media Player, Fring, Document to Go, Evernote