Sony Ericsson today announced LiveView, an accessory that wirelessly pairs up to a handset and allows users to control their Android phone without taking it out of their pocket or handbag.
The Sony Ericsson LiveView is a micro display device that mirrors the phone. The device uses Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly connect to a compatible handset and allows users to control the phone without taking it out of their pocket.
The device allows the user to control the Sony Ericsson music features of the handset from the micro display, selecting tracks and controlling volume. The product also serves as a calendar reminder, displaying calendar events and other phone applications.
Sony Ericsson has developed the Sony Ericsson LiveWare Manager application. It will scan Android Market for Sony Ericsson LiveView enabled applications and present them to the user. The Sony Ericsson LiveWare manager will be available from Android Market, or come preinstalled in phone bundles.
The Sony Ericsson LiveView is also available in one of the Sony Ericsson Experience Packs. An 'Experience Pack' is a package of several related components including mobile phone applications, accessories, services and much more. The first "Sony Ericsson Experience Pack" will be available in selected markets in Q4.
Sony Ericsson LiveView - at a glance
* Play, pause, next, previous track and volume adjustment
* Track title display
* Display Facebook updates
* Display Twitter updates
* Display incoming texts
* Display RSS feeds
* Show phone number for incoming calls
* Mute ringer for incoming phone calls
* List of missed calls
* Calendar reminders
* Find your phone
* Display time and date
* Bluetooth technology
* Micro USB connector
* USB High Speed 2.0 support
* 1,3" colour OLED display, 128x128 pixels
* Compatible with the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini and Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro and most other brands on Android 2.0 and above.
* Bluetooth range approximately 10m
* Size:3.5 x 3.5x1.1cm
* Typical consumer battery usage time: 4 days